Chapter 98

After the meeting, Scott rushed out of the media center so Mitch wouldn't have to get caught up in any of the chaos.

Avi quickly caught up to them as they began their travel back to the cabin. "I can't believe you did that, Rookie. That was amazing."

"All you Lead Alphas have pride problems. You're very egotistical." Scott remarked.

Avi scoffed. "Egotistical? You've been spending too much time with Kevin."

Scott put an arm over Mitch's shoulder as they walked.

Mitch looked at him with pleading eyes. "Carry me?" He said quietly.

So quietly, Avi might not have even heard it.

Scott smiled down at him, before letting him jump onto his front side, locking his skinny legs around Scott's waist.

A piggy back from the front, Mitch would later describe it.

Scott kept one hand under Mitch's rear, the other on his back to support him.

Avi smiled at them. "Tired, Mitchell?"

Mitch closed his eyes and rested his head on Scott's shoulder as Scott walked along. "A little. There were a lot of Alphas in there."

Avi laughed. "That probably put your instincts into overdrive, huh? Tons of Alphas.. And Scott called out every single one of them."

Scott smirked at him. "What can I say? I've always been a bad boy."

Avi laughed again. "Yeah, okay. Whatever you say, Rookie."

Scott started playing with the little hairs on the back of Mitch's neck, and felt him go almost completely limp in his arms.

Scott returned both of his arms to hook under Mitch's rear, and Avi smiled at them.

Avi held the door open for Scott as he carried Mitch inside.

Scott mumbled out his thanks, and carried Mitch straight into their bedroom.

Avi closed the door, and when he turned, Kirstie was standing right in front of him.

He didn't even flinch. "Hello, princess."

Kirstin smiled at him kindly, and took a hesitant step forward.

Avi picked up on it, and opened his arms for her to run into.

She wrapped her arms tightly around him.

Avi chuckled. "I was only gone a few hours, baby."

Kirstin kept her head in his neck. "I know. I missed you anyways, Sir."

Avi released her, and she pulled back just to stare at his lips.

He smiled at her, before leaning in to peck her lips gently.

He pulled back, then kissed her again. "I missed you too."

******

Kevin knocked on Scott and Mitch's door carefully.

Scott quickly stood and opened the door.

Kevin let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "Oh good. I was worried you guys were.. Never mind. Um. How was the meeting?"

Scott raised an eyebrow at him, but let him into their room anyway, leaving the door open. "Shouldn't you be asking Avi? I mean I'd be happy to tell you, just doesn't he want to do it?"

"Honestly.. He took Kirstin into their room and locked the door. So I'm a little more afraid to.. Um. Interrupt." Kevin responded.

Mitch sat up and whisper shouted in Scott's ear. "Are they doing that Love thing?!"

Scott pulled Mitch to sit on the edge of the bed with him. "Yes, baby."

Kevin smiled at them, and stood in front of the pair.

Scott slouched a little as he spoke. "Let me think.. So the plan is to take some of the strongest Alphas and lead them into The Counsel to demand answers. And Mitch has to come because he has the sense of smell to tell us where they are and how to avoid running into one of them."

Kevin nodded slowly. "I guess that's sort of smart.. But demanding answers seems a little sketchy. Also, what are we going to do here without you? The Counsel Headquarters is kind of far away, no?"

"Hotel rooms, maybe?" Scott suggested.

Mitch giggled all of a sudden. "You can hang out with Todrick!"

"Who is Todrick?"

******

Scott explained everything to Kevin, and when he was finished, Mitch had basically fallen asleep on his arm.

Kevin crept out of the room quietly, and Scott smiled at Mitch.

Scott reached one hand up behind Mitch and started playing with his baby hairs again.

Mitch let out a tiny moan, but didn't show any signs of moving.

Scott kissed his forehead as he continued the movement on the back of Mitch's neck.

Mitch cracked one eye open. "Need me to move?" He mumbled tiredly.

Scott shook his head. "I'm about to pick you up, I just need you to move your head."

Mitch picked his head up and watched Scott get off the bed to scoop him up into his arms.

He then moved higher up the bed and set Mitch down again.

Mitch snuggled under a blanket and looked back up at Scott. "Are we going to bed?"

"Yeah. But tomorrow we have to get up early to get you ready for the inspection. We have to clean you and shave you. Would you like my help with that? You're free to do it on your own." Scott said while stripping down and climbing into bed.

Mitch instantly cuddled into his side. "Would you please help me?"

Scott smiled and kissed the top of his head. "Of course, my love. Then we'll lotion you up and you can wear whatever you want."

Mitch smiled as Scott's arm wrapped around him. "Can I wear one of your shirts?"

Scott seemed taken back for a second. "I.. Well of course you can. Are you sure you want to? I mean... It's your inspection. "

"Yes, Sir."

"Why..?"

Mitch looked up and met Scott's astonishing blue eyes. "Because it smells like you. And it feels safe.. Like home, almost..It's nice to belong to someone."

Scott kissed the top of his head, and felt Mitch push his head into Scott's neck. "I love you, Sweetheart."

"I love you too."

******