Chapter 135

(A/N)

Early update today, for the holiday.

That's my new rule, because I JUST MADE IT UP.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

*******

When Kevin walked in the room, Scott was holding Mitch away from him by his small shoulders.

Kevin closed the door quietly behind him. "What's going on..?"

Scott kept his eyes on Mitch. "He's acting funny again."

Mitch spoke to Kevin before Kevin had the chance to speak. "No, he's acting funny. Why doesn't he want me?"

Kevin looked between them, trying to choose words carefully. "Scott, you need to feed him. Mitchie, he wants you. He does. But you need to get your head on straight first."

Mitch frowned at Scott, who frowned right back.

Scott finally leaned forward and hugged him. "Kev, did Avi say we could go out to eat?"

Kevin nodded, and smiled when Mitch tried to slide his hands lower, but Scott reached around to grab his hands and put them higher up on his back.

Kevin kept on grinning at them. "Yeah. We can go. Are you two ready to leave?"

Scott pulled away and started walking towards the door, but not before Mitch could grab his hand.

Kevin opened the door for him and gave him a cautious look. "Are you sure you can handle him until he eats?"

Scott gave Mitch a sideways glance. "Yeah, I think so."

*******

Kevin decided to drive, seating Avi next to Mitch to keep him under control.

Scott was in the passenger seat, staring out the window to collect his thoughts.

Kirstin was on the other side of Mitch, smiling out the window. She decided to be the one to break the silence. "It's been a while since we've gone out to eat."

Kevin smiled at her in the rear view mirror. "I know. Thank you for letting us go, Alpha."

Avi gave him a small smile. "Of course."

Mitch was fidgeting around in his seat, and frowned when Scott wouldn't pay attention to him.

Avi grabbed one of his hands. "Calm down. I'm serious."

Mitch whined and squeezed Avi's hand.

Kevin considered asking Mitch if he was okay, but Avi shook his head at him when their eyes met in the rear view mirror.

Mitch started chewing on one of his fingernails, and Avi smacked his hand away. "No."

Mitch frowned. He tried to subtly reach a hand up to bite his nails again when Avi looked away, but Avi immediately turned and glared at him.

Avi grabbed both of Mitch's wrists and held them in one of his own hands. "You did not just try to disobey me. I know you don't feel good, or you're upset, or whatever. But you're better than this. Come on."

Mitch felt tears start to fill his eyes, but he didn't let himself cry. "What's wrong with me..? I feel funny."

Avi shook his head and kept a strong hold on Mitch's arms. "You just need some food. You act different when you don't eat for that long. It makes some aspects of your Heat come out. Why do you think we force you to eat?"

Mitch looked down at his lap.

Kevin pulled into a parking lot and stopped the car. "Mitchie, just try to keep control of your thoughts. You'll feel better after you eat something."

Scott opened his door and stood outside the car, Avi giving him a pat on the back after he too climbed out of the car. "Just keep him under control, Rookie."

Kevin opened the door to let Kirstie and Mitch out of the car.

Kirstie instantly walked over to Avi, and Mitch slowly followed Kevin over to where the rest of the pack was standing.

Scott draped an arm over Mitch's shoulder, giving his temple a brief kiss. "Just a little longer."

Once they were seated inside the restaurant, Avi was sure to be beside Mitch.

Mitch instantly set a hand on Scott's leg, just to maintain contact with him.

Scott was just looking at the menu, trying to concentrate, but when Mitch's hand started to slide up his leg, Scott quickly grabbed his hand and removed it from his thigh.

Avi watched it happen and growled at him. "Behave."

Mitch looked down at his lap and started to tap one of his feet. "Yes, Sir. I'm sorry."

Avi, Scott and Kevin quickly ordered their food, including the Omega's meals in their orders.

The wait for their food was awkward, although Kevin tried to keep conversations going.

He had important news for them anyhow. "Alpha? Well this news is kind of for all of you.. But it's time for that year anniversary thing with all of our families."

Scott instantly stiffened at the mentioning of his family.

Avi nodded at Kevin. "Soon? Like a few days?"

"Tomorrow. Your family was the first to call me. Then I called everyone else's parent's packs, and they all agreed that tomorrow is easiest for travel and stuff."

Avi nodded and Kirstie smiled wide. "Oh my gosh, I haven't seen my parents in forever."

Avi reached across the table and grabbed her hand. "I know, Princess. They probably miss you very much."

She nodded ecstatically. "I'm so excited to tell them that you're my Alpha now. They'll be so proud of me."

Avi smiled fondly at her. "Are you excited to meet my parents too?"

"Of course. Do you think they'll like me as your Omega..?"

Avi chuckled a little. "They'd be stupid not to."

Kevin turned to Scott, who's attitude had visibly changed. "What about you, Alpha Scott? Do you think they'll show up this year?"

Scott scoffed. "They better not."

Kevin frowned. "Why not?"

"I don't want them here. I don't need to hear all that crap about not being a Lead Alpha. I'm a lot stronger now than I was when they first started yelling at me about it. And I don't know if I'd be able to hold back this time." Scott explained, avoiding eye contact with all of them.

Mitch squeezed Scott's hand.

Scott sighed. "Mitch, please. I'm too tired to push you away right now."

Mitch shook his head and tugged on Scott's arm until he looked over at him. "I just wanted to tell you.. You're always welcome in my family. My parents love you, although they don't really know you're my Alpha yet... So you don't need your parents there if you don't want them to be. You'll always have my family to lean back on."

Scott let out a deep breath and smiled at the adorable Omega in front of him. "Thank you, Sweetie."

*******