Chapter 18

Scott woke up that morning, with an arm draped lazily over Mitch's small body.

He just sat there with a content smile as he watched Mitch sleep peacefully.

Scott then thought about how if he and Mitch were Marked, Mitch would be awake now.

Because the Mark connection would make him wake up the moment Scott did.

Scott couldn't decide if that would be a good thing or not.

Suddenly Mitch whimpered.

Scott glanced at him, and tried to decide if he was awake or not.

Turns out, he wasn't.

Mitch whined again, and started to shake.

Scott gently started to move Mitch's body, in hopes of waking him up. "Mitchie.. Mitchieee.. Wake up, my love."

Mitch flinched, and started whining again.

Scott sighed. He didn't want to 'Alpha' on Mitch, but if it would get him out of his nightmare, Scott could do it.

Scott let his eyes flash red. "Omega. Wake up."

Mitch jolted awake, panting.

He glanced over at Scott, with tears starting to fill his eyes.

Scott's eyes faded back to normal. He scooted over closer to Mitch. "Oh, baby. What's wrong?"

Mitch quickly bit his lip before he spoke. "I-I had a nightmare."

"I know. Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?" Scott asked carefully.

Mitch shook his head. "Unless you want me to?"

"I don't want you to do something you're uncomfortable with. But if knowing what's wrong allows me to help you, then I'd like to know." Scott explained.

Mitch shifted around on the bed, and put a hand on Scott's arm that covered Mitch's body. "Well.. It was about.. Well. Sir, I'm embarrassed."

Scott leaned over and kissed Mitch's temple. "You never have to be embarrassed around me. Sum it up in one word."

Mitch thought for a moment. "Rape."

Scott sat up a little, and leaned on his elbow. "You had a dream about rape? It.. It wasn't me, was it?"

Mitch shook his head frantically. "No, of course not. It's.. Just been getting close lately. And.. I'm worried about it. That's what the Snatchers do, I've heard about it."

Scott laid back down, and pulled Mitch's body on top of his own. "I would never let that happen to you."

Mitch cuddled into his chest. "How can you be sure?"

"I will never lose you. Never."

******

At lunch that day, Kevin stood up suddenly.

Avi cleared his throat, so that everyone would look at Kevin.

Kevin nodded at him, and smiled at everyone. "So.. Tonight is the night I'm going to that girls house. Her name is Victoria, and I think she's lovely."

Mitch clapped excitedly. "Yay! Oh my gosh! That's fantastic!"

Kevin smiled wider. "I can't wait."

Scott smiled at him too. "I'm proud of you, Kev."

Kevin glanced at Avi nervously, his smile fading a little. "I have permission to go?"

Avi was holding Kirstie's hand, and he ran his thumb over her knuckles while he thought about it. "Yeah. You have my permission. Good luck."

Kevin's smile returned in full force. And everyone smiled at him, while he sat down.

*****