Chapter 163

Scott walked into the living room, seeing Mitch still clung to Kevin's side while everyone watched a movie.

Scott made eye contact with him from inside the hallway.

Mitch tilted his head a little, and Scott subtly waved him over.

Mitch slowly stood up and then ran over to Scott.

Physically ran.

Scott held his hand out for Mitch to take, and then lead him down the hall.

Mitch closed the door behind them when they were in the privacy of their own room. "Is everything okay, Sir?"

"Yeah. I need to tell you something. You're not busy, right? I didn't just pull you away from something too important, did I?" Scott asked carefully.

"No. I always have time for you, Alpha." Mitch said with a smile.

Scott sat down on the bed and patted the space beside him. "This is going to be weird for you to hear. Okay? But I'm telling you, because I don't want to ever have to hide something from you."

Mitch nodded and sat down, eyes never leaving Scott's.

"So.. Avi's dad.. Do you remember when we went out to eat with him? And I yelled at Avi, and then went to the bathroom. Do you remember when Avi's father got up to follow me?"

Mitch nodded a few times. "Yes. He said he wanted to check on you."

Scott looked away and scoffed a little. "Check on me. Right." He looked back over at Mitch. "Do you remember what happened when those Omega Snatchers touched you in ways you didn't want to be touched?"

Mitch shrunk back a little, quieting down. "Yes.."

"Okay well. When Mr. Kaplan followed me to the bathroom, he did things to me. Nothing as bad as what happened to you, but he tried to." Scott said finally, trying to gauge Mitch's reaction.

"But.. He has an Omega.. And you're an Alpha...?" Mitch said confusedly, quietly.

Scott picked up one of Mitch's hands and stared at it. "I know it's confusing. He thought I wanted to be with an Alpha, because of the Alpha that hit on me at the store. But that was a huge misunderstanding. And so was this."

Mitch glanced down at their hands and then stood from the bed, staring down at Scott. "Do you want to be with an Alpha? Is that why this keeps happening?"

Scott stared up at him and reached for his hands again. "No, baby. Of course I don't. Avi's dad was just confused."

Mitch pulled his hands away and backed up. "But this has happened a couple of times. It can't just be a coincidence. Just tell me the truth. Is that what you want? An Alpha?"

"No, Mitch. No. I want you, and that's all. Why are you making these conclusions?" Scott asked quietly.

Mitch just shook his head. "I'm just trying to understand."

"Come here. Right now." Scott said, patting his lap.

Mitch slowly sat down on Scott's lap, feeling Scott's arms wrap around him, but not responding to his touch in any way.

Scott kissed Mitch's shoulder. "All I've ever wanted, is you. All I'll ever need, is all that you are. No Alpha could ever amount to what you are. No one could."

Mitch looked down at his lap. "Are you sure? I just want to make you happy... Even if that means letting you be with someone else."

Scott squeezed him a little tigher. "You have such an amazing heart. But no, baby. The only person that could make me happy is you."

Mitch finally looked over at him and smiled a little. "I love you, Alpha."

"I love you too, Sweetheart."

*******

The day Kevin and Todrick left, the house seemed almost peaceful.

For at least a few minutes, anyway.

Avi came into Scott and Mitch's bedroom, seeing Scott's arm around Mitch's slim shoulders as they lay in bed.

He leaned on the door frame, not quite sure if they were awake or not.

Avi decided that Scott must've woken up too early, and let Mitch go back to sleep.

Scott kissed Mitch's forehead although Mitch's eyes were closed. "I love you, baby." He mumbled.

Avi smiled a little, but still stayed quiet.

Mitch shifted a little closer to him, appearing to still be asleep.

Scott just kept his arms around him, setting his head on Mitch's. "Jesus, I love you so much. I can't even believe it..." He nearly whispered.

Avi finally knocked on the door, although he was already in the room.

Scott glanced up for a second. "Good morning. Everything okay?"

"Sort of. Is he still asleep?"

Scott nodded in affirmation and waved Avi over to sit on the bed.

Avi sat down slowly and carefully brushed some hair out of Mitch's sleeping face. "Poor little guy. His emotions have been out of control lately, with everything that's been happening. How's he doing?"

Scott grabbed Mitch's hand and stared at it. "I don't know. He's okay sometimes. But other times he just gets really stressed."

"I'm sorry to hear that. He'll be alright. Don't worry." Avi tried to reassure him.

Scott just nodded, and when he did so, Mitch flinched and woke up.

Scott smiled, but Mitch whimpered at him, and Scott's smile instantly dropped. "Are you okay, Sweetie?"

Mitch just burrowed into Scott's warmth and didn't move.

Avi raised an eyebrow at him, and Scott just ignored it. "Mitchie.. Baby. Tell me what's wrong."

"Nightmare." Mitch whispered, barely peeking out to look at Scott.

Scott frowned. "Oh, honey. I'm sorry. Want to talk about it?"

"Not yet. I'm sorry..."

"That's fine. Just tell me when you're most comfortable."

Mitch nodded and pushed himself impossibly closer to Scott's body.

Scott held him tight in his arms and looked up at Avi again. "Was there something in specific you needed?"

"Well.. I just wanted to check on you guys. And also.. I have to tell you that you have to make a phone call later. Someone was looking for you." Avi said carefully.

Scott racked his brain for anyone that might need to call him, but came up empty. "Who was it?"

Avi hesitated a little. "Well.. It was your parents."

********