Chapter 177

Mitch turned to Scott, who was still digging around in his closet. "S-Sir?"

Scott continued what he was doing, but glanced over at Mitch for a short second. "Don't stutter."

"Oh! I'm sorry. Um. Sir?"

"Yeah?"

Mitch wrapped his arms around himself. "Can I have a hug?"

Scott stopped and looked over at him.

Mitch's pleading eyes are what did it for him.

He threw the shirt in his hands towards the bed, and then came towards Mitch, quickly enveloping him in a hug.

Mitch held on tight to Scott, as if he'd never get to hold him again.

Scott pulled back, but Mitch refused to let go. "I didn't mean to yell at you. I don't want you to ever leave me alone. I was just upset. I shouldn't have.. I mean.. I'm sorry. I'm really really really--"

Scott cut him off with a kiss, pulling Mitch in by the back of his neck.

Mitch put a hand on Scott's cheek, as the kiss deepened.

Scott pulled back to breathe, and smiled at Mitch. "You don't have to be sorry, baby. I shouldn't have been so cold with you. I love you too much to let something like this get in between us."

Mitch hugged Scott again, his head on Scott's chest. "I'm so sorry."

"I forgive you, Sweetheart."

*******

Kirstie ran back to her closet, and then dashed over to Avi, who was standing next to both of their open suitcases.

She handed him one of her pink dresses. "Can I bring this one too?"

"Of course you can."

This went on for a while, until she had seven solid outfits picked out for the trip.

Avi was already packed and ready, but he wanted to make sure Kirstie brought all of her favorite things.

He glanced over at the closet. "I think I kept our swim suits on the floor beside that pair of slippers you never wear."

Kirstin kneeled in front of the closet and sure enough, both of their swim suits were sitting on the ground. "Oh! Yeah, they're here."

She handed them to him, and smiled. "Are you excited?"

"Kind of excited, kind of worried. I'm not sure which one outweighs the other yet." Avi said with a shrug.

"Worried? Why are you worried?" She asked curiously.

He zipped up his suitcase. "Kevin says the area is safe, but I don't know. I trust him and stuff, but.. Anything can happen, you know?"

Kirstie nodded once. "That makes sense... But everything will be okay. Just let yourself relax for a little while."

"I can't. As soon as I do, I know something will go wrong."

He zipped up Kirstin's suitcase then and put them by their bedroom door.

Kirstie sat down on the edge of the bed. "Were Mitchie and his Alpha fighting today?"

Avi turned and shrugged. "I think so. Scott was in a terrible mood this morning. Mitchell is probably the only person, besides myself, that could get him that way."

"No, no. All due respect.. Mitch could get him more angry than anything you could possibly do. Because he cares about him a lot, you know?" Kirstie said thoughtfully.

Avi nodded with a small smile. "Yeah I know. Scott'd rather be hospitalized by me than even begin an argument with that little guy."

Kirstie nodded slowly. "What did they fight about?"

"I don't know. I was about to go check on them. Do you want me to ask?"

"Yes, please. Oh, and can you ask Kevin if he has a cute little crush on Toddy?"

*******

Avi knocked on Scott and Mitch's door, slowly opening it when Scott told him to.

He just peered in the room, seeing Mitch under the covers, his head peeking out from under them.

Scott stood from where he was sitting beside Mitch, and walked towards Avi. "Everything okay?"

Avi nodded. "Just wanted to check on you guys. Heard you got in a bit of an argument.. That's never happened before."

Scott glanced back at Mitch. "Yeah, we did. But it's okay now."

"Are you sure? What even happened?"

Scott shrugged. "It's nothing. Really."

Avi squinted at him. "Well, alright. Sleep tight you guys."

When he turned to leave, Mitch whined. "No goodnight kiss?"

Avi slowly turned. "I don't think your Alpha would want me to do that, Peanut."

Scott glanced between them a few times, before he sighed. "No, no. It's fine. Go for it."

Avi walked into the room carefully. "You sure?"

Scott nodded once.

Avi then proceeded to Mitch's side of the bed, giving him a smile.

He leaned down to kiss Mitch's forehead, and his nose, causing Mitch to giggle.

Avi smiled at him. "Goodnight, Tiny."

"Goodnight... I'm not that tiny."

"Yes you are."

Mitch looked over at Scott then who just shrugged and nodded.

Avi moved away from him and headed out the door.

As he strode past Scott, he smiled. "Look at you. All grown up. You know I wouldn't do anything to him."

"I guess I do.. Don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. Actually? Yes I do."

Avi shook his head. "I told you. Things are going to change."

Scott smiled down at him. "Yeah I know. Now get out of here. Mitch needs to sleep."

"Of course. See you two in the morning."

And then Avi went down the hall to check on Kevin.

He knocked, waited and then walked into the room.

Kevin was in his pajamas, already in bed. "Hello, Alpha. Making your rounds?"

Avi smiled at him and leaned on the doorframe. "Just wanted to say goodnight. You all packed up for tomorrow?"

Kevin opened his mouth to answer, but Avi interrupted him. "Who am I kidding? Of course you are. Never mind. When are you planning on getting up?"

"We should probably leave around eight. So.. Six thirty? Maybe seven? It depends how long it takes you guys to get ready."

"Can you get me up at six thirty? Kirstin takes long showers."

Kevin smiled at him. "Okay. I can do that. Goodnight, Alpha."

"Night, Genius."

*******