Chapter 33

Scott and Mitch were now just sat in their room with a couple candles.

Kirstin and Avi were keeping Kevin company across the hall.

Scott just sat on the bed next to Mitch, while Mitch trembled in fear.

After closer examination, Scott had determined that Mitch had just bruised his shoulder. It would be fine in a few days.

Scott let Mitch crawl in his lap, and then gently rocked them back and forth. "Everything's going to be fine. Dark is okay sometimes."

Mitch stared at the candle light. "But sometimes the things in the dark aren't."

"Sweetheart I would never let anything happen to you. You know that, right?" Scott said quietly.

Mitch nodded, and leaned backwards to rest his head on Scott's shoulder. "Of course I do. But what if something happens to you?"

"Nothing will happen to me. You don't need to worry about that." Scott said confidently.

Mitch's shivering became weaker. "I always worry. I don't like the dark, Sir."

Scott smiled and wrapped his arms tighter around Mitch. "I know you don't. Nothing will happen to you in this house. Not while I'm here. If you think Avi would ever let someone get far enough in this house to get to our bedroom.. You're nuts. Avi would sniff them out and be standing right there the moment they opened the front door."

Mitch nodded and smiled a little. "You're right."

"And if he wasn't here, I would do it. I would do anything for you." Scott whispered to him.

Mitch moved his head and turned to look Scott directly in the eye. "Sir..I have to tell you something."

Scott sat up straighter. "Of course."

"I.. I think I'm in love with you."

Scott just stared at him. A smile slowly spread across his face. "I'm in love with you too, sweetheart."

******

The candles had melted down quite a bit now.

Scott was sitting on the bed with Mitch tucked under his arm, their backs against the headboard.

Scott wasn't sure if Mitch was asleep, so he just mumbled, "I love you."

Mitch barely moved as he answered back, "I love you too."

Scott rubbed small circles into Mitch's arm. "You tired?"

"A little. I really don't like the dark."

Scott smiled a little. "You mentioned that. The power will be back soon. Tell me something. Why do you like when I call you 'sweetheart'?"

Mitch lifted his head from where it had been resting on Scott's shoulder. "I don't know. Just sounds cute. Makes me blush every time you say it."

"That's adorable."

"Well I'm pretty adorable."

Scott turned a little to look at him. "Who knew you had sass?"

"Oh. Sorry, Sir." Mitch said, looking back on it.

Scot laughed. "That's fine. I kind of like it."

******

There were now two Alphas, and two Omegas sitting on the couch in the dark to listen to another one of Kevin's great ideas.

Kevin seemed pretty excited, so everyone tried to be as into it as he was.

Kevin rubbed his hands together as he began. "I feel like the Pack Inspector made us feel judged by defining us with numbers. So.. I thought we could gather here and focus on other things. Especially since we're going to be in the dark for a while, we can focus on things other than looks."

No one said anything, probably waiting for Kevin to tell them what to do.

But suddenly Mitch jumped off of Scott's lap. "I love Scott's arms."

Everyone stared at him, until Kevin started laughing. "That's the spirit! Who else? What do we love about Scott?"

Mitch sat down proudly, and Scott kissed his neck while Kirstie raised her hand. "I love that ever since Scott Marked Mitch, Mitch has become so much more self confident. He used to be so insecure he could barely look in a mirror. But now he just embraces how beautiful he is. And I am forever grateful, Sir."

Scott just nodded. "It's what I live for."

*****