Chapter 16

"Alright guys, we gotta go!" Avi shouted down the hall.

Kevin came out first, looking very presentable.

Scott then came out of his room and Mitch followed, clinging to his arm.

Scott allowed it, and walked out into the living room.

Avi glanced at Mitch and laughed. "I'm sorry, Mitchell. You can't come with us. Just the superiors this time."

Mitch pouted. "Kevin gets to go."

Avi smiled. "I know. Betas included."

Mitch took his pout and faced Scott. Scott laughed and looked away. "Oh, no. Not this time. There's nothing I can do, babe. You're staying."

Mitch groaned. "Okay, okay. Fine. Kirstin and I are going to have tons of fun, though. You're missing out."

Scott kissed his temple. "I know we are. I'll be back soon, okay?"

Mitch nodded sadly.

Avi walked over to where Kirstin and Mitch now stood next to each other. "Mitchell is in charge, Kit. He's been in the pack longer, and I trust him to take care of you. Understood?"

Kirstin nodded, and gave Avi a hug that he gladly returned.

Avi then pulled away, and took a step to stand in front of Mitch. "Be good, okay? Keep the house clean. If I find one thing out of place, and I mean one thing. I won't be happy. Understood?"

Mitchell nodded. "Yes, sir."

Avi smiled at the two Omegas, before turning to leave.

Scott gave Mitch one final wave, and then followed Kevin and Avi out the door.

They really wouldn't be gone long. Like really.

Probably 4 hours tops.

But to an Omega separated from his/her Alpha, that can be like an eternity.

******

Mitch sat on the couch tapping his foot, while Kirstie sat next to him watching T.V.

Kirstie looked over and saw how nervous Mitch was, and decided that it was time to do something.

Kirstie scooted over on the couch, and tapped Mitch's shoulder. "Wanna do something fun?"

Mitch shook his head and looked back at the door.

Kirstin sighed, and sat directly next to Mitch. She began to pat his leg. "You need to get your mind off of them. Scott wouldn't want you to mope around all day."

Mitch shrugged, and turned off the T.V. "Alright, I guess. Lets do something fun."

Kirstie's face broke into a large grin. "Yay! What should we do? Board games? Those are clean, right?"

Mitch nodded and shot out of his seat to grab some games.

Kirstie chased him down the hall, laughing the whole way.

This was going to be fun.

******

Scott couldn't wait to be home.

The meeting they had to attend was so, so very boring.

Even Avi looked bored, and he can usually take a lot of that stuff.

The meeting was about the protection of the Omegas, because of the Snatchers.

Word was all over the place, and some Omegas had been captured and not returned.

Avi had it all under control. He just had to keep his Omegas under Scotts protection as well as his own.

Problem solved.

But he made sure the superiors in his pack stayed and listened to the meeting respectfully.

Afterwards, all they wanted to do was go home.

And that's what they did.

Unfortunately, Avi wasn't thrilled with what he walked in on.

As soon as he took a step in the door, he stepped on a board game.

He glanced around the living room, hand still on the doorknob, and saw what looked like a board game tornado.

Mitch was frozen in a back bend over the game 'Twister' while Kirstie was sprawled out on the other side of the dotted mat.

Avi walked in slowly and looked around, while Scott and Kevin timidly walked in behind him.

Kevin looked at Scott who looked terrified. Kevin whispered, "uh oh."

As soon as the door closed, Avi began to shout.

"Excuse me? Mitchell? What in the Hell is this?!"

*****