Chapter 180

Kevin, Todrick and Kirstie were all sitting in front of the television, amazed by the large screen.

Scott had left Mitch with Avi, when Avi asked him to 'test out' the jacuzzi.

Scott was halfway out the door, when he turned to face Avi again. "Wait. Why? Are you trying to pull a fast one or something?"

"No. I just need to talk to Mitchell."

"Oh. Then I'm definitely not going."

Avi smacked his forehead and ran his hand down his face. "When will you learn? I'm not going to hurt him."

Scott leaned on the doorframe. "I think it was you that told me to never trust anyone."

Avi shook his head and then pulled Mitch up by his arm. "Go put a damn swimsuit on."

Mitch instantly turned to run into the bedroom he and Scott would be sharing, but Scott growled, causing him to stop.

Scott glared at Avi. "Number one? Don't use that word around him. Number two, don't yank him around like that. And number three, why can't you just talk to him right here?"

"I think you'll be calmer in a jacuzzi."

Scott slowly shook his head. "I'm not in the mood today, Avriel. All you have to do is be respectful and I'll be as calm as a Beta."

"Fine. I can do that. Either way, get a swimsuit on him."

*******

Avi was already in the jacuzzi when Scott pushed Mitch into the room beside the living room.

Avi smiled at them. "Look how cute."

Scott smiled back sarcastically. "Thank you."

"I meant the little guy, but I guess you're cute too." Avi said with a wink.

Scott sat down in the water beside Avi, Mitch following.

Avi smiled at them. "Okay. Now. Scott, don't say anything until I'm finished. Mitchell. You and Scott were in an arguement, yes? Now, normally I wouldn't bother getting into all your business, because that's what Scott is for. But I believe the cause of the argument was your nightmares. I thought you told me your nightmares stopped?"

Mitch shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. "They did.. For a while, anyway. I think they started back up when I saw Jamie..."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Mitch frowned and looked down. "I'm sorry... I told Alpha.. But don't blame him. I didn't want to talk about it, and he respected that."

Avi squinted at him. "If you didn't talk about it, how could you expect them to go away?"

"I didn't expect them to go away... I just.. Don't want to talk about it."

Avi nodded slowly. "Okay.. Do you want to go back to therapy for it?"

Mitch whimpered, and Scott frowned before pulling Mitch into his lap.

Mitch sat comfortably, and then looked back up at Avi. "Please don't make me go back. Can't I just talk to Kevin? He's qualified for that.. Isn't he?"

Avi nodded. "Yeah.. I guess so. That would be fine. After we get home, okay?"

Mitch nodded, and Avi put a hand on his leg. "Come on, Tiny. Don't start developing Scott's bad habbit."

Mitch took a deep breath, and all of a sudden his bottom lip began to tremble.

Scott held him a little tighter. "Sweetie..."

Mitch shook his head to try and get himself out of it. "I'm sorry, Alpha. I won't give you a silent answer ever again."

Avi nodded once. "I forgive you. Don't get upset, Peanut. I just don't want you to have any nightmares while we're here. You need a break as much as anyone."

Mitch nodded, and leaned into Scott's chest. "Okay.. Thank you for caring.."

Scott kissed his temple. "See, Avi? It isn't that hard to be respectful, is it?"

"You're one to talk. That was rude."

Scott just held Mitch tighter. "You're nicer when Kirstie is around."

"I know."

Kirstie walked in then. "Excuse me? Um. I'm sorry to.. But did one of you say my name? Did you need something?"

Avi opened his arms towards her. "If you get a swim suit on, you can join us. Ask the Betas too."

She smiled widely and ran into the living room.

"Kev Kev! Toddy! Want to go in the jacuzzi with me?" She asked excitedly.

Kevin nodded and stood, but Todrick looked nervous. "Um. You two go ahead. I'll just.. Yeah."

Kevin's eyes instantly showed concern. "What's the matter?"

Todrick fiddled with his hands in front of himself. "It's nothing. I just.. Don't like the water so much."

Kirstie gave him a small smile. "But you agreed to go to the beach with us?"

Todrick smiled back, just as small. "Well, Kevin is here. And being around him? That's a vacation all on its own."

Kevin ducked his head down a little and smiled. "Thank you."

Kirstie clapped a few times. "Awe! Oh my gosh, that's the cutest thing I've ever heard!"

Todrick smiled a little too. "Anyways.. No jacuzzi for me, but thanks for asking."

Kevin didn't want to leave him all alone though. He gasped and looked over at Todrick. "Want to go play a Trivia game in the room?"

"Did that really need to be asked? Let's go!"

Both Betas raced to their shared room, and Kirstie giggled at them.

*******

Kirstie walked into the room with her bathing suit on, and a huge smile on her face.

Avi grinned when he saw her. "Hello, Princess. Did you ask either of the Betas?"

Kirstie got into the water, sitting down beside Avi, she giggled. "They're having a nerd party instead."

Scott laughed once. "With chess and stuff?"

"Trivia, actually."

Avi shook his head fondly. "Those crazy party animals."

Mitch giggled too, and Avi put an arm over Kirstie's shoulders.

He used that arm to gently pull her neck towards him so that he could kiss her temple.

Scott and Mitch seemed invested in their small conversation, so Avi leaned towards Kirstin. "You look lovely, Kitten."

"Thank you, Alpha. You look nice too." She giggled a little.

Avi smiled even more at her. "I'm excited to go to the beach with you tomorrow."

"Me too. Can we do a.. Like.. Sunrise walk thing?"

Avi kissed her shoulder briefly. "What's a sunrise walk?"

She blushed a little and looked down at her hand in the water. "Nothing... It's silly, nevermind."

Avi started running his hand up and down her upper arm, from where his arm was draped over her shoulder. "Come on, Snowflake. Tell me. It sounds really nice."

"Just.. It just seems like it would be really beautiful to walk along the seashore when the sun rises. Less crowded than a sunset.. I don't know."

Avi smiled at her. "Okay. We can do that. I can just ask Kevin to wake us up when he gets up."

"Really? You would do that?" Kirstie asked excitedly.

"Sure. Why not?"

*******