Chapter 65

Mitch woke up, and immediately looked to Scott, who was cringing at a sudden pain in his shoulder. "Fuck me." He grumbled.

Mitch sat up and looked directly at Scott. "What can I do for you?"

Scott just shook his head and sat on the edge of the bed. "I'm fine."

Mitch jumped up and stood in front of Scott with a hand out. "Don't get up. I'll get whatever you need."

Scott shook his head again and stood anyway. A hot flash of pain shot from his ankle up his leg, and that had him sitting down again. "God damn it!"

Mitch flinched at the tone. "Sir, I tried to warn you. You're just going to make it worse."

Scott ran his hands over his face. "Fuck.. Mitch. I can't keep sitting here. I have to do something useful."

"Sir, you haven't even been here that long. All you did was sleep." Mitch explained.

Scott sighed. "Just let me do one thing."

"Sir, The Alpha's orders were-"

"Mitchell, I am your Alpha and you'll do what I tell you. I just need to go to the bathroom." Scott demanded.

Mitch nodded. "Okay. I'm sorry, Sir."

Scott stood on one foot, and hopped over to the bathroom.

Mitch was completely torn.

Two Alphas, telling him two different things.

Mitch took a deep breath, and decided he'd rather Scott be mad at him, than The Alpha.

Besides, if he didn't tell, Scott could get hurt.

Mitch ran into Kirstie and Avi's bedroom.

Avi was sitting on the edge of the bed while Kirstin cleaned the scar on his forehead.

He also noticed that Avi's right hand was wrapped up in gauze.

Avi glanced at him, and Mitch just looked at him with wide eyes. "He's up."

Avi sighed and gently pushed Kirstin away. "Hold that thought, baby. I gotta go take care of something."

Avi walked into the other bedroom and made eye contact with Scott who was standing up, coming back from the bathroom.

Scott looked at Mitch. "You told?"

Mitch whimpered. "I-I'm sorry.. He's The Alpha a-and.."

Scott shook his head at him. "Whatever. It doesn't matter."

Scott looked at the ground when Avi started speaking. "Don't get angry with him. He was just following orders. Now sit your ass down."

Avi told Mitch to leave and close the door, and of course he did as told.

Avi sat down on the edge of the bed next to Scott. "Listen.. I know you don't want to sit around. But I need you to heal. What if The Counsel came today? You are definitely too hurt to fight. But I need you fixed as soon as possible."

Scott sighed and put his head in his hands. "Sir, I just don't want to be useless."

Avi patted his thigh a few times. "You couldn't be useless if you tried. Don't worry about that. Just give yourself a break. You really-"

"I can't believe he kicked my ass."

Avi stopped. He ducked his head a little to look at Scott's face. "Hey.. What do you mean?"

Scott sighed and sat up straight, his hands falling to his lap. "He beat me. He would've taken my Omega from me if you hadn't been there. I failed him." Scott's voice gradually getting quieter.

Avi grabbed Scott's hand with his broken one. "One of them broke my hand. That doesn't make me a failure. So just because one of them hurt your shoulder, doesn't mean you've failed."

Scott shook his head. "You're not listening. One of them put their hands on my baby and took him away. I tried to get up.. I really did.. But I couldn't even see, it hurt so bad. You just appeared in the doorway like my fucking guardian angel.. You saved him. I failed him."

Avi's silence rang in Scott's ears.

Avi finally sighed. "Scott, look at me."

Scott reluctantly turned his head.

Avi pressed his lips into a flat line. "You didn't fail, Rookie. You saved my Omega, and I saved yours. You came to save our Omegas, when I was busy doing something else. If you hadn't.. We could've lost them both. I never got to thank you for that. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just because someone knocked you down, doesn't mean you're any less strong than you always have been."

Scott let a small smile slip onto his face. "Your welcome.. You're right.. Thanks.. How's your hand?"

Avi shrugged and let go of Scott's hand. "Fine, I guess. I think Kevin's gonna make me lay around all day too."

"Would you like to join me? We can become potatoes together." Scott suggested with a smile.

"Absolutely. Can Kit come too?" Avi asked, smiling as well.

Scott nodded. "If we'll all fit on a bed, sure thing."

"What about Kevin?"

Scott huffed. "It's his fault I have to lay here. He'll probably just be reading in his room all day anyway."

Avi stood up, and Scott tried to follow.

Avi pushed him back down with his good hand. "Nice try. I'll be right back."

*****