Chapter 162

Kevin had hugged everyone in the house, and now he was sitting on the couch next to Avi and Todrick.

Scott had gotten Mitch to stop crying, but had to take him down the hall to do so.

Avi set a hand on Kevin's leg. "Do you want me to come with you?"

Kevin just shook his head. "You have to stay. You can't just ditch all your responsibilities."

"Yes I can. For you? Of course I can. Scott knows how to take care of things when I'm not around."

Kevin kept his eyes down as he shook his head again. "What if Mitch's other pack comes back? You have to be here. I'll be fine on my own."

Todrick leaned into his side. "I'll come with you."

"You don't have to do that. You didn't know her anyway." Kevin said sadly.

"Maybe not.. But I know you. And if she was anything like you, then she is an amazing person. And I'd like to pay my respects to her." Todrick replied quietly.

Kevin gave Todrick a small smile. "Okay. Thank you..."

Todrick smiled back and gave Kevin a sideways hug. "We'll leave in the morning. Okay?"

Kevin nodded, and got up to go into his room.

Avi watched him go and then turned to Todrick. "Promise me you'll take care of him. He deserves someone to care about him the way he cares about everyone else."

"I know. I will, you don't have to worry." Todrick said reassuringly.

********

Kirstie, Mitch and Alex were all sat down on the couch, while their Alphas had to talk to them.

Travis mostly just stood there, letting Avi control the meeting.

Avi smiled at the three Omegas. "So.. We're going to be Beta-less for a day or two. It might be hectic, without our reasonable and intelligent pack members. But I expect you three to be on your best behaviors. The Alphas, including me, will be taking on some of the chores."

Kirstie smiled for a second at the thought of seeing Avi doing chores.

Maybe they could do a chore together, even.

Like how Scott and Mitch would do the dishes together.

Or how Alex and Travis swept out the bathrooms together.

Avi continued speaking then. "It's only for a day, so it shouldn't be too bad. But then again, Betas are very important. Especially in this pack. So.. Scott. Gotta watch your attitude. Because Kevin's not going to be here to save you. Understood?"

Scott nodded.

"Scott.." Avi warned.

Scott just blinked, looking over to him. "What?"

Avi raised his eyebrows, and it finally clicked in Scott's head. "Oh. Oh! I mean yes, sir."

Avi nodded once. "Any questions?"

Alex cleared his throat a little. "Um. Sir? Will I be allowed to do chores too?"

Avi glanced at Travis for a second. "I wouldn't expect you to. You're guests in our home."

Alex nodded but frowned a little. "What if I want to?"

"You want to do chores?"

Alex nodded once, looked around at everyone staring at him, and then blushed and looked down.

Avi smiled a little at his embarrassment. "Sure. If you want to help, you can help."