Chapter 176

(A/N)

Y'all are lucky I love you.

*******

Scott raised an eyebrow at him.

Avi just slowly set the coffee cup down on the counter.

Scott regained his focus and started to stomp over to Avi, but Kevin stood in the middle of them.

Avi tried to push past him, but Kevin held his ground. "Come on, you two! Knock it off!"

Avi and Scott just stared at each other past Kevin.

Kevin thought about putting his arms down for one second, and the two Alphas were at it again.

Kevin put his arms up even stronger, but all of a sudden he broke down.

Kevin covered his face with his hands as tears cascaded down, accompanied by large intakes of breath.

Avi froze and stared at him, Scott doing the same.

Avi put a hand on Kevin's back. "Hey now. What's the matter, Kev?"

Kevin shook his head frantically. "You two.. You argue, and.. And you argue. But where is it getting you?"

He tried to form words around sobs, but Avi had him repeat the sentence because he couldn't understand.

Kevin started again. "If I'd known that.. That was the last time I'd talk to my sister.. I would have said some completely different things. I don't want you two to turn out like she and I did."

Scott felt a pang of guilt strike his heart. Poor Kevin.

Kevin looked back and forth at them. "It's not worth fighting over. You know that you care about each other. You know it, I know it. But you continue to act like you hate each other! Where is that getting you?"

Scott blinked at him once, and then turned towards Avi.

Avi was already staring at him. "I guess you're right. I wouldn't want this to be our last conversation."

"Me either." Scott replied quickly.

Kevin shook his head at them. "We really need that vacation."

Avi nodded. "How about tomorrow? Let's leave tomorrow."

Kevin shook his head and started to leave the room, but Avi grabbed his arm. "Hold on. You, stay. Scott, get out of here."

"Excuse m--"

"Not in a mean way. Just go wake up Kirstin for me, please." Avi covered.

Scott gave him a once over, and then left the kitchen.

Kevin looked to Avi expectantly. "Can I help you with something, Alpha?"

Avi frowned for one second, and then hugged Kevin tightly. "I'm sorry, Beta. I'm sorry."

"Obviously I accept. I forgive you. But.. Why are you sorry?"

Avi kept him in the hug. "For fighting with everyone. I know you hate arguments. You always have to be the referee when it comes to Scott and I. And that's not fair to you. So I'm sorry."

"Oh. That's okay, I forgive you." Kevin said, pulling away.

Avi moved back and frowned again. "I'm still sorry, Professor."

Kevin tried not to smile, but failed and then chuckled a little. "I remember when you first called me that."

"Me too. It was after you started reciting the dictionary from memory."