Chapter 165

Kirstie finally pursued Mitch to go into the room and find Scott, and then she disappeared to find Avi.

Mitch closed the door quietly, and then fiddled with his hands as he stared at Scott sitting on the ground. "S-Sir?"

Scott just shook his head.

"O-oh. I'm sorry. D-did you want to be alone?" Mitch nervously spoke.

Scott shook his head again.

Mitch waited patiently for an order, but it never came.

He took a hesitant step closer to Scott. "Is there anything I can do? Anything at all?"

Scott didn't answer. He didn't even blink.

Mitch finally got up the courage to sit beside his Alpha on the floor. "So, your parents are coming into town?"

"Mhmm."

Mitch frowned at the short answer. "And you don't want them to?"

"Mhmm."

"I'm sorry, do you want me to go?" Mitch said, almost standing up.

Scott shook his head and put a hand on Mitch's leg. "Please don't leave."

Mitch instantly moved closer to him. "Of course I won't. Want to talk about it? You never talk about your parents."

"Because it's none of anyone's business."

Mitch nodded quickly. "Oh, of course not. I'm sorry for asking."

Scott sighed and leaned into Mitch's side. "I'm sorry, Pumpkin. I didn't mean to push you away. You know I don't like talking about myself. I just.. Didn't want you guys to have to meet them."

"Why?"

"Mitchie.. It's hard to explain. They don't like what I am. They're disappointed in me. They abandoned me. I don't need that reminder."

"But why would they do that?" Mitch asked, extremely confused.

Scott shook his head and grabbed one of Mitch's legs, running a hand up and down his thigh. "I'm not who they wanted me to be."

"Maybe not. But I love who you are. And so does everyone else. So who cares what they think?" Mitch said in hopes of being comforting.

"Well, I do, baby. They're my parents." Scott said softly.

Mitch frowned and made brief eye contact with him before giving him a sideways hug, pulling Scott's torso into his own. "Are they going to be mean to us like Avi's dad?"

"Probably. And maybe even worse. Especially to you."

"What? What did I do to them?" Mitch replied quickly, afraid.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You're just not who they wanted either."

"They wanted you to have a different Omega?"

"Just a different gender." Scott answered cautiously, trying not to make Mitch feel bad.

Mitch frowned up at him. "They want me to be a girl?"

"I don't know. It doesn't really matter anymore. They know you're a male, and I'm very proud of that. I don't care what they say."

"But.. You just said you care because they're your parents..." Mitch said confusedly.

Scott shook his head and put an arm over his shoulders, both of them still sitting on the ground. "I'm the one that has to spend my life with you. Shouldn't it be up to me who you are? They have no say."

Mitch was quiet for a second. "Do you wish I was someone your parents approved of?"

"No. But I wish you would stop doubting that I don't love exactly who you are." Scott said with a small frown.

"But they don't want you--"

"Mitchell. Stop. I fell in love with a small, Italian, male Omega. One that stutters sometimes, and is always nervous around Alphas that he doesn't know. An Omega that isn't very self confident, but he's working on it. He's beautiful, and so selfless it makes Betas jealous. And I couldn't have asked for anyone better." Scott said, giving Mitch's shoulders a tight squeeze.

Mitch leaned into him and smiled. "Even if your parents are mean to you about it?"

"No one could tear me away from you. Not even my own parents. I promise."

*******

The rest of the day was mostly uneventful.

There was a kind of uncomfortable silence that fell over the house in Kevin's absense.

Travis and Alex busied themselves in front of the T.V.

Scott and Mitch kept to themselves, never even coming out of their room.

Kirstie and Avi came out to eat breakfast, but went back into their room just to enjoy each other's presense.

Avi was sat on the edge of the bed, while Kirstie kept trying on different outfits to get his opinion.

After about the third outfit, Avi finally questioned what they were doing. "Remind me why this is so important to you?"

She twirled in the skirt she was wearing and giggled. "I don't know. I've never met his parents. I just want to make a good first impression."

"You'd make a good first impression if you were wearing a garbage bag. Your aesthetic personality shines through anything you could possibly wear."

Kirstie stopped spinning and looked at him seriously. "That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Do you really mean that?"

Avi smiled and sat up a little straighter. "Of course I do. I really like that one, by the way."

She looked down at the colorful skirt along with a black shirt that was tucked into it. "Really? I think it's cute."

"So it's decided then. You'll wear that."

She turned and looked into a mirror they had hanging on the wall. "Are you sure, though?"

Avi stood from the bed, and came up behind her, putting his hands on her hips as they both stared at her reflection. "You could wear a bathrobe for all I care. Just tell me what color it is so my shirt can match."

She put her hands on top of his, still on her hips. "You're so sweet. Don't you want me to wear something that they'll like? Why don't you care what I wear?"

"Like I said, Princess. They're going to like you anyway. You're beautiful, and have a heart of gold. No stunning outfit is going to change that. So it doesn't really matter what you wear. Because you'll still be gorgeous on the inside." Avi said, setting his head on her shoulder.

She turned slowly and let a large smile take over her face. "I'm so glad I fell in love with you."

He smiled right back. "I'm glad you did too, Princess. I love you right back."

*******