Chapter 127

The day of the meeting, Avi and Scott were already on bad terms.

Avi had pushed Scott back into his room to make him change out of Mitch's jacket, and Scott was not happy about it.

Avi opened up Scott's closet, and threw a button-up shirt at him. "You can't smell like Mitchell today, I'm sorry. You have to be an Alpha."

Scott took the sweatshirt off and folded it carefully on his bed, before slipping on the other shirt. "So I'm an Alpha now?"

"Just for this meeting. And then I'm going to be on your back like you wouldn't believe." Avi said, arms crossed.

Scott stared at him as he buttoned his shirt up. "Are you.. Going to punish me?"

Avi sighed and walked past him, brushing by his shoulder. "If you deserve it, yes."

******

Scott finally came out of his room, and Mitch frowned at him.

Scott closed the door, and then met Mitch's eyes.

He tilted his head. "What's wrong?"

Mitch poked his shirt. "You didn't like the sweatshirt I gave you?"

Scott wrapped his arms around Mitch's waist, but kept eye contact with him. "It's not that, Dumpling. Avi says I have to smell like an Alpha today."

Mitch let his hands rest on Scott's chest. "An Alpha meeting, huh? Should be fun."

Scott shrugged. "Maybe. Why are you staring at me like that?"

Mitch's eyes never left Scott's chest. "You missed a button."

Scott looked down at his shirt, top button undone. "Yeah. Looks cute, doesn't it?"

Mitch shook his head with a smile and used his nimble fingers to button it. "This is a little too 'collar bone-y' for me."

Scott stared at Mitch's hands as they worked. "You don't like my collar bones?"

Mitch finished with the button and then set his hands back on Scott's chest. "I like them too much. They're mine. Don't show them to anyone else."

Scott smiled and leaned down to peck Mitch's lips. "Okay. I won't. But you know this is a meeting for Alphas, yes? No Alpha is going to care about my collar bones."

Avi snuck up behind them and leaned on the wall. "Quite the contrary."

Mitch jumped and pulled away from Scott completely.

Scott glared at Avi, who continued talking. "I always catch myself staring at your collar bones."

Mitch smiled a little, knowing that Avi was just kidding around.

Scott just glared at him. "You have an Omega."

"And so do you. Doesn't mean I can't admire an Alpha." Avi replied quickly.

Scott rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Can we just go? Wouldn't want your royal highness to be late."

Avi let out a frustrated sigh. "Get it all out now, Scott. I mean it. When we come home, I'm going to treat you like I treated Kirstin when I first met her. You're not going to like it."

Scott pushed past him and headed towards the front door. "Whatever."

Avi shook his head, and then met Mitch's worried eyes. "What's wrong, Pup?"

Mitch shook his head and wrapped his arms around himself. "Nothing. I'm just worried."

Avi put a hand on his shoulder. "Worried about what?"