Chapter 31

Mitch woke up, and found himself curled in Scott's lap.

Scott was fast asleep, and Mitch didn't dare move.

Mitch looked up at Scott's peaceful face, and smiled. Even with his beautiful eyes closed, Scott's face was still lovely.

Suddenly, Scott took a deep breath and opened his eyes.

Mitch jumped and closed his eyes as quickly as he could.

Scott chuckled a little. His low morning voice rumbled, "Well hello. Why are you staring at me? Do I have funny bed hair?"

Mitch opened his eyes and smiled. "No. You're just.. Nice to look at."

Scott laughed. "Oh, am I, now? Well thank you."

Mitch nodded.

Scott rubbed his eyes. "Aren't you uncomfortable? You're practically in a ball."

Mitch uncoiled and stretched. His head was resting in Scott's lap when he was done. "I just didn't want to wake you up."

"Oh, darling. I wouldn't have minded. But I like waking up to your compliments." Scott said with a smile as he ran his fingers through Mitch's hair.

"You do? I'll keep that in mind." Mitch mumbled as he leaned into Scott's touch.

Scott smiled down at him. He used his strong arms to lift Mitch's top half off of his lap, and then he leaned down to kiss him.

When he was done, Scott just held him there. Mitch smiled at him. "You can put me down now."

"But this is so much better."

Mitch sighed. "I wish I had arms like that. Do Avi's arms do this too?"

Scott chuckled. "I don't know. You could ask him. Your arms are perfect just the way they are, baby."

Mitch grinned. "I want to ask. See what he says."

Scott smiled back. "Go for it." Mitch scrambled out of Scott's hold and ran towards the door.

"Hey Mitchie?"

Mitch flipped around. "Yes, Sir?"

Scott smiled really wide. "You should probably put on some clothes before you go barreling out there."

Mitch looked down at himself, and blushed a deep shade of red.

He ran into the bathroom and heard Scott laugh.

Mitch walked out wearing boxers and one of Scott's shirts that reached his mid thigh.

Scott whistled at him when he walked by, and Mitch just stuck his tongue out in response.

*****

Mitch now stood next to Avi in the kitchen as Avi made coffee.

Avi looked tired.

Which is a pretty casual thing to say about someone, but not with Avi.

Avi was never tired. Just like Kevin never cursed, and Scott never cried.

So if any of them ever did those things, you should be worried.

At least that's how Mitch saw it.

Mitch tapped his shoulder, and then pulled away quickly.

Avi's head snapped over to him. "What?"

Mitch flinched. "I-I. N-nothing, Sir. I'm s-sorry."

He tried to turn and run for the hills, but Avi caught his arm.

Mitch looked at him, his eyes wide with fear. Avi sighed. "I'm sorry, Mitchell. I didn't mean to snap at you."

Mitch tilted his head.

See, now that sounded like Avi.

Mitch looked up at him nervously. "Are you okay, Sir?"

Avi shrugged and turned back to his coffee.

Mitch walked closer to him, and gently moved the coffee from in front of Avi, to in front of himself. "I'll do it, Sir. What's wrong?"

"Long night." Avi said curtly.

Mitch nodded, debating whether or not he should push the subject.

He looked back at Avi, and realized he'd never seen Avi so stressed out. "Alpha."

Avi slowly turned his head towards him. "Yeah?"

"Is it because of the thing with my 'Reds' yesterday? Or did something happen with Kirstin?" Mitch asked calmly.

Avi sighed and closed his eyes. "I just don't like to think about you in that house."

"You're the one that got me out. You're basically my hero, Sir." Mitch said with a smile.

Avi opened his eyes and smiled back.

Mitch started stirring the coffee again, when Avi questioned him quietly. "Did you tell Scott?"

Mitch nodded.

"How'd he take it?"

Mitch shrugged and kept his eyes on the coffee. "Okay I guess. He got really protective, as per usual. But he wants to talk to you about my 'Reds'."

Avi nodded. "Makes sense. We'll do that later."

Mitch finished what he was doing, and handed Avi his coffee.

Avi smiled and thanked him. "I'd forgotten how easy it is to talk to you. I miss that."

Mitch walked over to the sink to put away the spoon he'd used. "I miss it too, Sir. We should talk more."

Avi turned to walk out of the kitchen, but stopped and turned back around with a curious look on his face. "Did you want to ask me something earlier? When you first came in here?"

Mitch tried to hold back his smile, but failed and smiled really wide. "No, Sir. Never mind that."

"Mitchell."

Mitch smiled even wider and let out a small laugh. "I.. Scott picked me up in his arms this morning.. And in my 'Morning Mitch State' I asked him if you could do it too. And I told him I'd ask."

Avi just raised an eyebrow, and that wiped the smile right off of Mitch's face.

Mitch cleared his throat. "So. It was a stupid question, and I'm sorry to waste your time. I just thought I would brighten your morning, because I'm an idiot and sorry. Did I mention sorry?" He rambled.

Avi rolled his eyes and smiled. He set his coffee down and walked over to Mitch.

"Sir, what are you-?"

Avi picked him up right off of the ground, without any problem at all.

Mitch looked down at him, and cautiously put his hands over Avi's where they were holding his hips.

Avi smiled again and set him back on the ground.

Avi walked towards the door and grabbed his coffee. "Good enough for you?"

Mitch laughed. "Yes, sir."

*****