You're Doing Enough

We were on our way back from a pretty bad case. I hadn't contributed anything to the case and I felt pretty bad about it. I was staring out the plane window when I felt someone slide in beside me. "Hey y/n." I turned over and saw JJ.

"Hi JJ."

"Good work on the case."

"Thanks." I said, not knowing what she was talking about. I hadn't figured out anything and hadn't helped in any way.

"Wanna go out for drinks with the team later?"

"No thanks." I gave her a small smile and looked back out the window.

"Y/n." Her voice sounded soft and I turned to her again. "Is everything ok?" I took a deep breath and sighed.

"I just don't think that I did enough." I explained to her.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't contribute to the team. Especially on this last case." She shook her head.

"Why do you think that?" I shrugged and she put her hand over mine. I looked at her hand and then turned to her. I looked down at her lips and then back up to her eyes.

"I don't know." I said truthfully. "I've always felt like that." She nodded and I looked back down at her lips.

Before I had time to react she kissed me softly. "Don't ever doubt for a second that you're letting us down." I nodded and looked into her eyes to see her giving me a sympathetic look. "You're doing enough." I nodded and I leaned in to kiss her again, feeling better already.

"Thank you Jayj."

"Anytime." I rested my head on her shoulder and felt all of my worries slip my mind.