Can You Go Away?

I ran my hands through my hair as JJ sat down across from me at our kitchen island. Her hands were face down on the table if I wanted to hold them. "Can you talk to me?" She whispered, knowing that something was bugging me.

"About what?" I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms, avoiding eye contact.

"What's wrong?" I bit my lip and looked down at my legs as they started to bounce anxiously.

"Nothing." I breathed out.

"Honey."

"What?" I whispered on the verge of tears.

"Be honest with me." I clenched my jaw and stood up, wiping my tears and going to the bedroom, trying to shut the door behind me only for it to be hit open by JJ. I pulled my knees up to my chest against the foot of the bed and tangled my hands in my hair. JJ knelt down in front of me and put her hands on my knees. "What's wrong?"

"Can you go away? Please Jayje, I want to be alone."

"I can't honey."

"Why?" I lifted my head up and sniffed. I saw her face and I laughed softly. "Of course. I'm not going to hurt myself."

"I can't trust that."

"Just go away."

"I can't." She pulled my legs down and sat between them, putting her arms around me even though I resisted.

"JJ?"

"What is it honey?"

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. Shh honey don't apologize. It's ok." I shook my head. "Do you want to talk about it?" I shrugged. "Let's talk about it."

"Ok."

"So, what's on your mind?"

"There's so much going on."

"Like what baby?" She rubbed my back.

"Our job, therapy, social life..." I trailed off.

"What else?"

"What?"

"What are you not telling me?"

"I'm stressed about our relationship." I breathed out.

"Why?"

"Because...I just...I don't to talk about it." I pulled away from her and looked down at my hands while I played with my fingers.

"Y/n." She said softly, tucking my hair behind my ears.

"I haven't been ok lately and I don't want you to feel like you have to take care of me." I blurted out. "Ok, I told you. I got it off my chest can you leave now?"

"No-"

"JJ. Please leave."

"I can't. You understand why I can't right? After what you did last time?" She grabbed my hands and kissed them. I gave her a hesitant nod and then quickly pulled her into a hug. She jumped a bit at the sudden contact but then relaxed and kissed all over the side of my face. "What do you feel like?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do you mean when you say you haven't been ok?"

"I can't sleep anymore." I whispered. "And I've lost motivation for literally everything." I moved so that I was straddling her and then pecked her lips. She smiled softly but her eyes were sad. "What?"

"I would've helped you if you'd have told me." Her lips grazed over mine again and I sighed softly. I wrapped my arms around her neck and hugged her so that our faces were touching. "You can talk to me about anything honey. You know that right?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "I'm-"

"Don't apologize. I just want you to know that I'm here for you, ok?" I nodded and nuzzled my nose into her cheek. She turned her head to kiss my lips and they lingered there while she talked. "Are you ok now?"

"A bit better."

"I can leave now if you want me to." I shook my head and kissed her again, tightening my grip on her.

"Thank you Jay."

"Anytime baby."

"I love you."

"I love you too."