Rest Day

I sat cross legged in JJ and my's bed while I waited for her to come back from picking up dinner. I was watching a comedy on Netflix but feeling lonely since she wasn't there.

A couple minutes later I heard the key in the door so I waited for JJ to come into the bedroom. "Hey baby." She said while smiling. "I got your favorite." She handed me my food and sat down next to me on the bed. I immediately snuggled up next to her after I took a bite of my food. "What are you watching?"

"I don't know. Some comedy."

"Is it good?" I shrugged and took another bite before resting my head on her shoulder.

After a couple minutes I crawled in between her legs and rested my head back to lean on the front of her shoulder. Once she was done with her food she put her arms over my stomach and pressed soft kisses to my cheek. "You feeling ok?" I shrugged and turned my body so I was on my side and tangled our legs together. She paused the movie and kissed the top of my head before stroking my hair. "Wanna talk?"

"I don't want to go to work tomorrow." I whispered.

"Why baby? You love our job."

"I know."

"So...why?"

"I'm tired."

"Well then we'll get some extra sleep tonight, you'll wake up refreshed tomorrow."

"That's not what I mean." She pulled me up higher so that my head was rested on her shoulder instead of her chest. I nuzzled my nose into her neck and put my arms around her waist.

"Ok, then talk to me. What do you mean?"

"I just need a break. A day off so I can just rest, take a breath." She nodded and I reached my hand up to rest on the side of her neck, caressing it.

"Do you want me to call Hotch and tell him to give us both the day off? Or do you want to be by yourself?" She rubbed my shoulder and kissed my forehead.

"Both of us."

"Ok." I closed my eyes and tried to just rest a little bit while she called Hotch. "He gave us the day off." She whispered after a minute, resuming stroking my hair.

"Thank you." I whispered into her neck.

"Try to get some rest baby, you look tired."

"Mhm." I mumbled before falling asleep.

I woke up at around 3 in the morning on the complete opposite side of the bed than JJ. I rolled over and tapped her shoulder, trying to get her to wake up. I didn't feel that bad about it because we could sleep in as long as we want. "Y/n? What's wrong honey?" She mumbled while sitting up.

"Cuddle me." I whispered.

"Come here." She opened her arms and I moved so that my face was buried in her chest. She wrapped her arms around me and rested her chin on the top of my head. Wishing a few minutes we both drifted asleep again.

I woke up again at 9 in the morning, not in JJ's arms anymore. I groaned and stretched before I sat up. "I brought you some coffee." She said quietly as she walked into our bedroom.

"Thank you." I took a sip and felt the bed dip beside me as she sat next to me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, looking at me intently. When I put the coffee down and cuddled into her side she kissed the top of my head. "That bad?" I shrugged and nuzzled my nose into her neck again. "And you don't know what's wrong?"

"I just need a break, a day to mentally relax."

"But do you know why you're so tired?" She smoothed my hair back and kissed the top of my head again.

"No." I mumbled.

"Honey, I wish I could help."

"You can."

"How?"

"Snuggles." She laughed softly and pulled me on top of her so I was straddling her and put her arms around me protectively. "Ok, and now we just stay like this all day."

"All day?"

"Mhm." I hummed against her neck.

"Ok." She said with a soft voice. "If that's what you need." She rubbed my back slowly and whispered comforting things in my ear. "Are you cold?"

"A little bit." She reached forward and pulled a blanket up over us.

"Better?" I nodded and kissed her neck softly. "Do you want to watch a movie or anything?" I shook my head.

"I just wanna stay like this."

"We can do that." I heard her smile in her voice. "I love you baby." I hummed and smiled into her neck as she placed a kiss on my temple. "Tell me if you need anything."

"Mk." I breathed out. "I love you."

"I love you too."