See, You're Mad

I walked around tiredly in JJ's crewneck and my sweatpants. It was five in the morning and I knew I wasn't going to fall back asleep. JJ should be getting back home from her case soon and I really missed her. I sat down at our kitchen counter and took a sip of my coffee. I was a motor officer for the D.C. police department and I regularly patrolled the highways, and it wasn't frequent that I got into accidents but it happened occasionally and it happened when JJ was away. I had to go to the hospital to get some metal out of my stomach which wasn't fun, but I hadn't told JJ, or else she would be home right now.

15 minutes later I heard the front door open. I walked slowly to the front door. JJ set her bag down on the counter and I rushed over to her, hugging her tightly. "Hi baby-"

"Shut up and hug me."

"Did something happen?" She put her arms around me and I jumped up, wrapping my legs around her waist. "Oh, no talking, sorry." She put her arms under my legs to support me. She kissed my shoulder every 30 seconds or so, trying to comfort me without saying anything.

She put me down after five minutes. "I'm going to talk now, ok?" I nodded and pulled away, looking up into her eyes sadly. "I know you won't tell me what's wrong...are you wearing my hoodie?" I cracked a small smile and nodded.

"It smells like you. And it feels like a hug from you."

"You're cute." I blushed and frowned a bit. "Now, as I was saying, I know you won't straight up tell me what's wrong so I'm going to guess...is it your job?"

"Yeah."

"What about it?"

"You're gonna be mad."

"I won't be mad honey."

"No, you're gonna be mad." I said, my heart rate increasing as I thought about her reaction.

"I won't be. I promise."

"Ok...well...I was driving on my motorcycle, I was chasing the dude who had robbed a store." She nodded, wanting me to go on. "But we didn't know he had a partner, and he...he didn't technically crash into me, but he kind of nudged me from the side and I fell over."

"Y/n-"

"So I went to the hospital, and they pulled some stuff out of my stomach-"

"Y/n-"

"But I'm fine, I'm fine, just a couple of bandages, I'm fine."

"Y/n why didn't you tell me?"

"See, you're mad."

"I'm not mad. But why didn't you tell me, I would've come home."

"That's exactly why I didn't tell you."

"You didn't want me to come home?"

"That sounds bad. I just...you were in the middle of a case and I didn't want you to rush back home just because you were worried about me."

"Can I see it?"

"Jayje, I'm fine, the doctors looked at it and I'm fine."

"Can I see it anyway?" I nodded and lifted my shirt up, showing the square bandage on the left side of my stomach. "Does it hurt at all?"

"No, nothing was too deep, there'll be a couple scars but nothing too bad." I assured her.

"Honey, you still should've told me."

"I'm sorry." I pulled my shirt back down. "I just didn't want you to worry and leave in the middle of the case."

"Honey-"

"I know, I should've told you. And now you know." She nodded.

"Now I know."

"So...are you tired? Or do you-"

"You need a hug don't you?" I nodded. "I can do you one better."

"Cuddles?" She nodded and picked me up, walking up the stairs to the bedroom. She flopped down on the bed and I rested my head on her chest.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

"Take care of yourself."

"I do."

"Well...try not to get in a crash again."

"Ok. I'll try not to."

"I love you."

"I love you more."