Acting Sad Prank

The next prank Penelope told me to do was to act sad the whole day and not talk to JJ about it. She called me and told me the idea while JJ was at the store so now I was preparing to get myself into the right headspace. I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv to a comedy that always made me laugh, but I wasn't going to laugh. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them, staring at the tv screen as she walked in. "Hey honey." I didn't answer. "Hello?" She snapped and I pretended to snap out of my thoughts.

"Hi." I whispered, giving her a sad smile. She put her bags down and furrowed her brows.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I huffed, looking back at the tv. Right at that second, the joke I always laughed at no matter what passed and I didn't laugh. JJ walked over to me and paused the show.

"Y/n?" I didn't answer. "Baby, what's wrong?" She put her hand on my back and rubbed it.

"Nothing." I repeated, getting up and walking to our bedroom. She followed me in as I lied down on the bed, facing the wall.

"Why are you so sad?" She whispered, rubbing my side and kissing my cheek.

"I'm not."

"Talk to me." She pleaded. I knew she hated seeing me like this so I did feel bad, but Pen had some funny ideas. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine JJ." I huffed, curling up into a ball and pulling the covers up over my head.

"Sweetheart, I hate seeing you like this. Can you please talk to me...or just tell me what you need to help you feel better?" I didn't answer, just sighed and squeezed the comforter while smiling. She couldn't see it of course. "I'm going to be right here. I'm not going to leave until you tell me what's wrong." I didn't answer. "I'll cuddle you, is that ok?" I shrugged and she started to spoon me. I blushed from under the covers and let my eyes stay open so it looked like I was crying. "I'll cancel my plans with Pen, and I'll stay with you." I smiled, knowing that that was part of the prank. Pen had accidentally scheduled a date for tonight but she already had plans with JJ, so this was a way for JJ to never know with us also having some fun. I sniffled and JJ took the covers off of my head. "Don't cry honey. Please don't cry." She wiped the tears off of my face.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"No no, don't apologize." She kissed my forehead and let her lips linger there for a while. "I love you." This was getting too adorable and I didn't want to stop the prank. I let my lip tremble and she pecked my lips a few times. "I love you honey. Don't cry. Don't cry." She whispered.

Once I stopped crying I rolled over so I was facing her. "What's wrong?" I didn't answer and she pulled me closer. "You don't have to answer that right now, I'm sorry you're feeling this way."

"Can I be alone for a few minutes?"

"Is that what you need?" I nodded and she kissed the top of my head before leaving.

I thought for a few minutes about what I was going to do next. "Jayje?" She came rushing in when she heard my weak voice.

"Yeah? What is it baby? What do you need?"

"Can I have some mac n cheese?" She didn't say anything, just got up and started making it.

"Here you go." JJ handed me a bowl of mac n cheese and I just stared at it. "What's wrong?" I put it on the nightstand and put my head on her shoulder. "Honey, come on, talk to me. You always eat mac n cheese." She grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of her. "I canceled my plans, so I'm going to stay here with you the rest of the day."

"Thank you."

"Of course baby." She rubbed my back and kissed my forehead. "But can you tell me what's wrong?" I didn't answer and put my arms around her neck. She started to kiss down my neck lovingly and I hummed softly. "You like that?" I nodded and she started sucking and biting softly, leaving hickeys all the way down to my shoulder. I tapped my finger against my neck, telling her to keep kissing it. She smiled against my skin and kissed every inch of my neck softly and lovingly. I melted into her and only pulled away so that she could kiss me on the lips. I started laughing and she tensed up. "I fell for another prank didn't it?"

"Yeah. Sorry Jayje." I mumbled against her cheek. She huffed and rubbed my back.

"It's ok, it's an excuse to cuddle." She turned onto her side and held me against her. "I'm not letting you go."

"Sounds good to me." I tangled our legs together and pulled her shirt up so I could kiss her stomach.

"But are you really ok though?"

"Yeah."

"Good." She played with my hair and I smiled against her stomach.

"I love you."

"I love you more."