Sick

I groaned and rested my chin on the toilet seat. This was the fifth time I had thrown up in an hour. "Honey." JJ rushed to my side. She had been making me some tea but got interrupted when she heard me vomiting. "Take some deep breaths." There was sweat dripping down my forehead and my whole body ached. My lips trembled and I reached for her hand.

"I'm just so tired of this." She reached for my toothbrush and helped me brush my teeth. She did it silently and then shook my hand off, getting me some new clothes and a washcloth to put on my forehead. She picked me up and put me back in bed. "Jayje?" I asked as she turned around.

"What?" She turned back around.

"Are you mad at me?" Her brows furrowed and she looked super confused.

"Honey, why would I be mad at you?"

"Because you're being super quiet and you usually talk more." I whispered.

"Baby, I'm not mad, I promise." She kissed my sweaty cheek.

"Don't do that, you're gonna get sick."

"I don't care." She caressed my cheek and I smiled weakly. "I'll go get your tea, ok?" I nodded and she left, coming back a minute later with tea.

"Jayje?"

"What is it baby?" She handed me the tea and I took a sip.

"So...since you said you don't really care if you get sick...can we cuddle and watch some tv?"

"Of course." She smiled and hopped into bed next to me.

"I won't throw up on you, I promise."

"Thank you." I hugged her arm and turned on my side, resting my head on her shoulder. "What show?"

"Parks & Rec." She put on the show and I played with her fingers. She hummed softly and rested her head on mine.

An hour passed and I felt nauseous again. I jumped out of bed and rushed to the toilet again. It felt like I had vomited everything I had left in me. "Will it ever stop?" I groaned.

"I'm so sorry baby." She rubbed my back and got a new toothbrush. She brushed my teeth again and when she was done I leaned forward and rested my head on her chest.

"I want it to stop."

"Do you think some sleep will help?"

"I can't sleep." I played with her fingers and sighed, letting a tear fall down my cheek. "Am I dying?"

"No, you're just sick baby."

"But I could die."

"Hey." I looked up at her. "You're not dying." My lip trembled and she frowned. "What's wrong?" She held my face in her hands.

"My head hurts, but it's not like a headache. It's like the inside of it." She nodded in understanding.

"Do you want to cuddle and I can massage your head?" I nodded and she picked me up, lying down on the bed so that I was on top of her. She massaged my head gently and kissed my forehead every so often, whispering loving things in my ear. I completely relaxed into her and shut my eyes. I played with the bottom of her shirt and let out content sighs, a couple tears still rolling down my cheek. "Are you tired baby?" She said in a soft voice.

"Mhm." She kept massaging my head and I could tell she was smiling down at me.

"Get some sleep my love, I'll be here when you get up."

I woke up five hours later and my head didn't hurt anymore. "Hey." JJ said happily with a smile when I opened my eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"Still shit. But less shitty." I readjusted myself so I was cuddling her better. "If I throw up one more time I swear I'm going to kill myself."

"Hey. Don't say that."

"I wasn't actually."

"Still, don't say that. That makes me sad. I don't want you to die."

"But I wasn't serious-"

"Now I'm thinking about you dying and it's making me sad. Are you ok? Why are you making suicide jokes?"

"Hey no, I'm fine, Jayje, I promise, I'm ok." I assured her, knowing how much she worried about my mental health. She held me tighter. "I swear I'm ok."

"Good. You can talk to me if you're not-"

"I'm fine Jayje."

"I worry about you, you know."

"I know. I'm fine though."

"Good. I love you so much."

"I love you too"