I Just Had A Dream ⚠️

⚠️ RAPE ⚠️

I stood out on the balcony, staring up into she sky, smiling when JJ's arms wrapped around me from behind. "Hey baby, ready for bed?"

"Not yet."

"Why?" She asked, trailing kisses up my neck.

"Not tired yet."

"Come to bed baby. I'll make it fun."

"I'm not in the mood Jayje."

"That's what you said last time too."

"Yeah, and I'm still not in the mood."

"Come on. You owe it to me." I gulped. "What kind of relationship do we have if you can't satisfy my needs?" I stayed silent and she walked backwards until she could push me onto the bed.

"I don't want to."

"Shut up."

My eyes opened and I put my hand to my chest, my heart pounding. JJ was fast asleep next to me. She would do that, right? She would never. The sun was starting to rise and I knew she would be awake soon. I also knew that there was no way I was falling asleep after that.

I walked downstairs to get coffee and JJ walked downstairs a few minutes later. "Hey, I woke up and you weren't there."

"Couldn't sleep."

"Is everything ok?" I nodded and walked to the couch. She followed me. "Are you mad at me or something?"

"No. Why?" I put my coffee down on the coffee table and faced her, not being able to look her in the eye.

"You can't look me in the eye and you're being distant."

"Sorry."

"Did something happen?"

"No...well yeah...not really."

"Well, which is it?"

"I don't know it doesn't matter."

"Yes it does."

"Ok so um...you know how my ex..."

"Raped you?"

"Yeah." I took a breath.

"I uh...you know this is stupid, it doesn't matter."

"Come on, you can talk to me about anything honey." She looked so tired and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep.

"I'll tell you later."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

Five hours later JJ and I were cuddled up in bed watching Grey's Anatomy. "Ready to tell me what happened?" She asked randomly.

"I just had a dream."

"A dream about what?" She paused the show and played with my hair.

"You uh...you raped me."

"Honey-"

"And I know it's something you would never do but I thought he would never do it either so-"

"I would never do that. I would rather die than do something without your consent. Honey I swear to God I would never hurt you."

"I know."

"It's the last thing I would ever do."

"Ok." I nodded. "I'm not saying that I thought you were going to do it...but the person I used to trust the most did it...and I trust you 10x more than I trusted them so it's just confusing."

"I understand honey."

"I just don't want you to think that I thought you would rape me-"

"No, I know. I completely understand." She stroked my hair and kissed my forehead. "Don't feel bad about it. Someone destroying your trust like that isn't something you can just get over. No matter how much you trust someone else."

"Thank you for understanding. No one's really understood before."

"Well, luckily you have me."

"Yeah. Thank God."

"Do you need anything?"

"No. I don't think so."

"You'll let me know if you do need anything though."

"Yeah. I will." I nuzzled my face into her neck and she put her arm around my waist, pulling me into her further.

"Thank you for telling me honey."

"Mhm." I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

"Sweet dreams honey. I love you."

"I love you too."