Self Conscious

The room was filled with music by Tony Bennett and the sounds of my team laughing at Morgan's jokes. I just stared at my pasta that Rossi had made for the teams get together and picked at it with my fork. "Y/n you've barely touched your food!" Rossi protested.

"Yeah, I'm just not that hungry." I said while laughing softly.

"Come on. Take a bite." Rossi said encouragingly. Everyone went silent while waiting for me to take a bite. I looked around and saw that everyone was smiling while waiting in anticipation.

"It's really good y/n, trust me." Spencer said.

"I'm not hungry." I said, starting to get a little irritated.

"Come on." Rossi encouraged again.

"I'm not hungry why is that so damn hard to understand?" I stood up and sped walked to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me and locking it.

I leaned against the sink and looked down, refusing to look at myself in the mirror. I just hated the way that I looked and didn't want to eat right now why is that so fucking hard to understand? Tears were running down my face at this point and even though I want sobbing they wouldn't stop.

A few seconds later I heard a knock at the door. "Y/n, it's me honey." I heard JJ voice and I opened the door. "What was that about?" I turned to her and saw her searching my face for some sort of reaction. "Hey, why are you crying?" I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath before shaking my head. She stepped towards me and put her hands on the side of my neck, caressing it softly. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just not hungry."

"You're crying because you're not hungry?" I shrugged. "Ok, why don't we sit down?" I nodded and we sat down against the wall right next to each other. "Do you wanna talk to me?"

"About what?"

"You usually eat food. Especially Rossi's pasta. It's your favorite. And you never yell at people, so, what's wrong?" I could feel her looking at me expectantly, waiting for an answer so I turned to her.

"I just...I don't like the way I look."

"So you're not eating because of that?"

"What? No...Jayje I'm not. No it's not that."

"Then what is it? Tell me." She tucked my hair behind my ear and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "I'll stay here as long as you need."

"I'm just...I'm so frustrated with how I look, and it's becoming something that I think about a lot. And for some reason it just makes me so...so sad and I become so self conscious when I'm around people. And when I feel that way I just get very irritated and my stomach starts to hurt and I lose my appetite." I explained quietly.

"Why are you frustrated with how you look?" I wiped another tear off of my face and rested my chin on my knees as I hugged them.

"Because I'm not pretty-"

"Hey, no. Don't talk about yourself like that."

"But Jayje."

"No. It's not happening. You. Y/n Jareau are the most beautiful person in the world. Inside and out. You are so pretty honey. I want you to say that." I shook my head as bit my lip as more tears threatened to come out. She tilted my head up and kissed me sweetly before kissing all over my face. "You. Are. So. Pretty." She mumbled in between kisses. "Don't doubt that honey." She started kissing down my neck and then kissed back up to my lips. "You're so beautiful." I rested my forehead against hers and then pulled away. "Come on. Get up." She stood up and held her hand out. She helped me up and led me to the mirror. "Look at yourself."

"Jayje, I don't want to do this."

"Tell yourself that you're beautiful." I turned back to her but she grabbed my face gently and made me face the mirror again.

"I'm beautiful." I said unenthusiastically.

"Say it again." She kissed my cheek softly which made me blush.

"I'm beautiful." Another cheek kiss.

"Again."

"I'm beautiful." Every time I said it her kisses got closer and closer to my lips until she eventually kissed me passionately on the lips.

"My beautiful girl. Don't ever think for a second that you need to change anything about yourself, ok?" I nodded and she kissed me again. "Come on, let's go eat and then we can go home and cuddle."

"Can we just cuddle now?"

"Honey you have to eat."

"There's leftovers at home." She nodded and kissed me one last time.

"Ok, yeah. We can do that." I smiled and she wrapped her arms around me. "I love you so much y/n. You're so beautiful."

"I love you too Jayje."