Happy Birthday ⚠️

⚠️ EATING DISORDER ⚠️

I jumped when I heard the whole team start singing happy birthday. I had just walked in and sat down at my desk. I turned around and saw Penelope carrying a giant cake towards me. I tried my best to look normal until they finished their song. "Thank you guys." I said sincerely, JJ walked over to stand beside me and put her arm around my waist.

"The birthday girl gets a slice of cake." Penelope said, setting it down and taking out a knife to cut it.

"Sorry Pen, but I don't really want any cake."

"What?" She looked astonished. "Is it the wrong flavor?"

"No. It's not. It's amazing, thank you for getting me a cake but I just don't want any."

"Well, in that case, Garcia can you cut some for me?" Morgan asked.

"Ok." She cut him a piece and one for every except for me.

"You sure you don't want any?" JJ asked, taking a bite out of hers.

"I'm sure." She smiled and put her cake down.

"Happy birthday honey." She leaned in to kiss me softly. We both smiled into the kiss and pulled away once we felt everyone's eyes on us.

"Get a room." Morgan said.

"Says you." JJ and I said in unison. He laughed and walked away, everyone following him. "Want some company?" JJ asked me.

"Sure." I smiled and watched as she walked away to go get her computer. I moved so she could pull a chair up and blushed when she kissed my cheek.

"How has your day been so far?" She asked me.

"It's been good. I'm glad we're not on a case." I laughed softly and took a file and a pen.

"Babe."

"Hm?"

"Wanna go to lunch for your birthday?"

"Um...I don't know Jayje. I kinda just wanna stay here."

"Do you wanna do anything special?"

"No."

"Oh." She looked genuinely sad.

"Sorry."

"It's ok, don't apologize." She grabbed my hand. "You ok though?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's your birthday. You're usually so excited on your birthday, for cake, for a party, everything."

"Just not in the mood for it this year I guess." I took my hand back and started filling out my paperwork.

At the end of the day JJ and I walked out of the building together, hand in hand. She laughed at something I said but I couldn't remember what it was. "Are you sure you don't wanna do anything tonight?" She asked when she started driving.

"Yeah. I'm pretty tired, I think I'm just going to go to bed."

"Ok. You sure you're ok?" She stopped the car once we got to the house and I nodded. We walked to the front door and she hugged me from behind once she closed the door. She moved my hair to the other side of my neck and started kissing my neck. I hummed and smiled. "I love you. I want you to know that baby."

"I do." I whispered, knowing where she was going with this. She turned me around and pushed me up against the wall gently, kissing down my neck. "As much as I love you and your kisses, I'm really tired."

"This won't take long." She whispered, her hand traveling to the top of my blouse and unbuttoning the first button.

"JJ I don't want to." I pushed her off of me lightly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "Honey I'm sorry." I buttoned my blouse back up and walked up the stairs.

She followed me up and we sat down on the foot of the bed together. "I didn't pick up on the fact that you were saying no, I'm so sorry. I would never pressure you into doing anything."

"I know." I reached for her hand and looked down at the ground.

"I really am sorry."

"I know."

"You're not mad?"

"No, I'm not." She squeezed my hand.

"Can you look at me?" I turned to face her but couldn't meet her eyes. "My eyes honey." My eyes flickered up to her eyes. "What's wrong? Don't say nothing because I know you too well."

"I don't know."

"Yes you do."

"Can we just sleep?"

"Honey, I don't want you to sleep with what's on your mind, it's not healthy." I looked down again and sighed. She let go of my hand and smoothed my hair back. "You can tell me anything." She whispered.

"It doesn't really matter."

"It does baby. You've been acting different." She rubbed my back and kissed my cheek before putting her arms around me. "I love you." Our cheeks were smushed together and it was hard not to smile.

Her comforting presence almost made me spill everything to her. She sensed my hesitance. "You can tell me, I promise."

"I'm not eating."

"Oh honey." She rubbed my back and held me tighter. "You're beautiful baby you don't have to starve yourself in order to be beautiful enough, you hear me?" I nodded. "You don't have to put yourself through that in order to be beautiful, you're already beautiful and anyone who thinks or says that you should be starving yourself in order to be beautiful doesn't know what the hell they're talking about and are too insecure with themselves to be thinking straight." I nodded and pulled away. She wiped away a tear on my cheek. "Don't cry." She whispered. "It's ok."

"I know." I wiped away a new tear and then lied down on the bed.

"I'm not going to force you to eat right now, but tomorrow you will, ok? I'm going to be with you the whole day. I'll call Em and tell her we're taking the day off." I nodded and she lied down beside me. "Get some rest, ok? We can talk about it more in the morning."

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Anytime."