Waking Her Up For Cuddles

I tossed and turned for five an hours straight for the sixth night in a row, huffing as I realized I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon. I checked the time and saw that it was 3:15. I turned on my side to face JJ. I put my hand on her shoulder and gently shook her. "Hm. What?" She opened her eyes slowly and stretched. "Do...do we have a case?" She mumbled, closing her eyes again and rolling onto her back.

"No."

"Then what's up? Is everything ok?" Her words were barely audible. "Honey, where are you?" She reached around the bed until she found my hand. She squeezed it gently and let out a tired sigh. "Why'd you wake me up." I didn't answer, embarrassed. "Hello?"

"I want cuddles."

"You woke me up at 3 in the morning for cuddles?"

"Yeah." There was a short pause.

"Ok come here sweetheart." She opened her arms and I cuddled up to her , resting my head on her chest and draping my leg over her waist. She put her arm over my shoulder and started giving me head scratches. She used her other arm to put around my waist and pulled me up on top of her. "There." She said with a satisfied voice. She waited a few seconds to say anything else. "You ok honey?"

"I can't sleep."

"You've been awake this whole time and you didn't tell me? Honey, what did I say about this?"

"That I should wake you up to talk or cuddle. But I did do that."

"After five hours."

"Sorry." She sighed and turned on her lamp. I groaned and squeezed her tighter.

"Come on, let's talk."

"About what?"

"What's keeping you up?"

"Nothing."

"Honey you sleep like a baby, you only never sleep if something bugging you."

"Why'd you turn the light on?" She sat up with me on her and I had to adjust so I was straddling her thighs.

"So I can see you." She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and I frowned. "Sweetheart?" She cupped my face in my hands and kissed my nose. My lips started to tremble and she frowned. "It's ok to cry honey." She tucked my hair behind my ears and kissed my forehead. When I didn't answer she spoke again. "You know what I think would help?"

"What?" My voice wavered.

"Hugs and kisses." She told me. "What do you think?" I smiled through my now tear stained face.

"I think you're a dork who's always looking for an excuse to make out." I mumbled before connecting our lips.

"Mm, but you love that about me right "

"Yeah." I whispered, my voice still wavering.

"Ok, you're crying while we're kissing, that's not a good sign." She cupped my face in her hands. "Honey please tell me what's wrong. Kissing always cheers you up and it's not right now." She wiped the tears off of my face and pouted. "Baby? Please talk to me, I hate seeing you like this."

"I just want to fucking sleep."

"Oh baby." She pouted her lips again. "You haven't been sleeping well have you?" I shook my head and she kissed my forehead. "How long?"

"This whole damn week." I rubbed my face and she frowned.

"You could've told me."

"I didn't want to wake you up."

"You never have to worry about that."

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize sweetheart, just come here." She wrapped me into a warm embrace and lied back down on the bed, turning the light back off. "Anything I can do to help you fall asleep?"

"Can you sing to me?"

"What song?" She stroked my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"Video Games." She rubbed my back and started singing softly.

"It's you, it's you, it's all for you. Everything I do, I tell you all the time, heaven is a place on earth with you..." She kissed me temple in between the verses and the chorus until I eventually fell asleep. "Sweet dreams honey."