Can't Sleep

I had been trying to sleep for three hours now but I just couldn't sleep. It was 2 in the morning and nothing was helping me sleep. Usually JJ can help but she's on the edge of her side and fast asleep.

Should I wake her up? Maybe...she's fast asleep. She's always told me I can wake her up for anything but I don't wanna disturb her. Fuck it, I'm gonna do it.

I shook her shoulder a few times until her eyes opened. "Y/n? It's 2 in the morning what's wrong baby?" She rolled over slowly to face me.

"I can't sleep." I pouted.

"And you're just telling me now?" She sighed and sat up.

"Sorry."

"It's ok. Is there anything on your mind that's bothering you?" I thought for a second but shook my head. "Y/n. I can tell when you're lying. I've been married to you for two years."

"Ok fine. The last case we worked on was really...disturbing and I just can't get it out of my head."

"I'm sorry babe." She put her hand on my cheek and caressed it. "Wanna talk about it more?" I shook my head. "Ok, well, is there anything else you need to help you sleep?"

"Can you cuddle with me?" I asked in a shy voice.

"Of course baby." We both lied back down and she spooned me from behind, kissing my shoulder blade softly while slipping her hand under my shirt to caress my stomach.

Another 30 minutes passed and I still couldn't fall asleep. JJ was snoring softly and I really didn't want to wake her up. It was getting frustrating at this point and I was holding back tears. I tried to wiggle out of JJ's arms but her grip was too tight so I had to physically grab her arm and moved it. Once I stood up I heard her turn onto her back and saw her open her eyes. "Where are you going?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's ok babe...still can't sleep?" I nodded and she sat up, moving back so she was against the headboard and then she patted her lap. I moved over to her and straddled her lap. "Is there something else that's bothering you?" Her voice was soft as she put her arms around my waist. I shrugged and she sighed. "Y/n." Her voice got more stern.

"Hm."

"Talk to me y/n." I broke eye contact. "Hey, look at me." I hesitantly looked back at her. "Come on, talk to me."

"I just...the victims reminded me of myself and I'm just scared that something like that is going to happen to me." I looked away from her again and bit my lip, ashamed of the confession.

"It's not going to happen to you sweetie. I promise. You're safe here."

"How do you know that?"

"Because I'm here. I'm never going to let anyone touch you. I promise."

"Pinky promise?" I held out my pinky and she nodded, linking our pinkies together.

"Pinky promise." She kissed my lips softly and I wrapped my arms around her neck. "You think you can sleep now?" I nodded bc we both readjusted so that she was lying on her back and I was lying completely on top of her with my face buried in her neck. "Sleep well baby."