Miscarriage

a/n - i know that two women can't get pregnant but for the sake of this story that's what happens

I rushed to the hospital as soon as I saw that there was blood in my underwear. I was pregnant. That wasn't supposed to be there. I didn't tell JJ of course because I didn't want to worry her. I was ten weeks pregnant and this was all we wanted.

I went up to the third floor, where my gynecologist was. She was on call 24 hours a day so she better be there. "Hey." I said as I reached the reception desk.

"Hello." The woman said tiredly.

"Is Dr. Phares here?"

"Yes she is."

"Is she available?"

"Yes." She picked up her phone. "What's your name?"

"Y/n Jareau." I played with my fingers nervously.

"Dr. Phares, y/n Jareau is here for an..." She looked up at me expectantly.

"Emergency."

"Emergency visit." She hung up the phone. "She'll be with you in just a second."

I waited in a chair with my legs bouncing, standing up immediately when I saw my doctor come out of her office. "What are you here for?" She asked when I walked in.

"I woke up and there was blood in my underwear, I know that's not normal and I want to know what happened-"

"Y/n." She stopped me from rambling. "I'll do an ultrasound to see what's wrong, but it's not going to be good." I took a deep breath and got onto the bed. I stared at the screen as she performed the ultra sound.

"Is that my baby?" I asked pointing at it on the screen.

"Yes." She turned the machine off and sighed. "It's not moving."

"Try again, it'll move."

"Y/n. You had a miscarriage-"

"Look at it again-"

"Y/n."

"No...no." I shook my head and looked at her with tears in my eyes. "Tell me you're lying."

"I'm sorry y/n, I'm not...where's JJ?"

"She's at home, sleeping."

"You should call her." I shook my head.

"I'll...I'll tell her." I got off of the bed and walked to the door.

"I'm really sorry." She told me.

"This is all we've wanted since we got married. We wanted our first kid before we were 26, we're now 28." I told her. "And it looks like it's not going to happen anytime soon." I walked out and checked my phone, seeing that there were six missed calls from JJ. I didn't answer any of them and just waited to talk to her when I got back home.

When I walked through the front door JJ started going off. "Where the hell were you? I woke up at 4 in the morning and you were there! No calls, no texts, nothing-"

"Jayje-"

"Dont 'Jayje' me!"

"JJ just please stop talking for a second." A tear fell down my cheek and I wiped it off.

"What? What is it? Why the hell are you crying?" I put my hand over my stomach and looked at her. "I seriously don't understand a single thing you're trying to tell me right now."

"I left because I woke up and I was bleeding. There was blood on my underwear. I went to see Dr. Phares, and...I had a miscarriage." Her brows furrowed.

"What...no?" She scoffed. "No, tell me you're lying right now."

"I'm not Jayje." Another tear rolled down my cheek and her lip started to tremble. "I'm so sorry." I put my arms around her after she started to cry. I squeezed my eyes shut and started to cry into her shoulder. We held each other tightly as we broke down.

We kept crying for about half an hour until we pulled away. I wiped all the tears off of her face and she wiped mine off. "It's just not in the stars for us is it?" I reached for her hand and held it, that being the only thing that could help us through this at the moment.

"We can't give up yet." She kissed my forehead and put her other arm around me, still holding my hand with her other one.

"I really want a baby. A little you and a little me running around."

"Me too honey." She kissed my forehead again.

"We're gonna be fine right? We can try for another one."

"Of course we can." I squeezed her hand and kissed the corner of her mouth. "It's gonna be ok, we're gonna be ok." I nodded and put both of my arms around her. "Everything's going to end up ok."

"I really hope it does."