Stay

I groaned as JJ's alarm went off at 3 in the morning. She always got up early to go for a run and the alarm always woke me up. Why was she getting up now anyways? We had already gotten a nice workout in last night. I felt her get out of bed and I sighed. "Jayje?"

"Hm?" She asked, rubbing her face tiredly.

"Stay."

"I can't baby, I gotta go for a run."

"Please." I hated sleeping without her. It was cold and lonely, I'd also been having really hard couple of days. She sighed and walked over to lie down next to me. She got under the covers and spooned me from behind. "Thank you." I whispered. She didn't answer, just put her hand over my stomach and caressed it.

"It's Saturday." She reminded me.

"I know."

"Plenty of time to spend together even after I go on a run."

"I don't want to be alone." That was all it took for her to pull me closer and kiss my shoulder.

"Then I won't go."

Her second alarm went off at 8:30, and it woke me up again. She started to get up again but this time I didn't stop her, she wasn't leaving, she was just getting coffee. "Honey?" She asked when she walked back in.

"Hm?" I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"I got you some coffee." She handed me the mug and then sat down in front of me. I took a couple of sips and then put it down on my nightstand.

"Hug." I said before leaning forward to wrap her in my arms. She put her mug down on the ground and put her arms around me, rubbing my bag.

"Are you feeling better today?"

"No." She sighed and kissed my temple.

"I'm really sorry that you're feeling like this honey."

"It's ok, it's not your fault. I'm just trying not to put my life on hold, you know?"

"Yeah. I get it." I rested my chin on her shoulder for a second before pulling away. "Do you wanna do anything today?" She asked, picking her mug back up from the ground. I shrugged and got my coffee too, taking a big sip, really needing something to wake me up. "You ok?"

"I don't know."

"I can't tell if you're tired or sad."

"Both." She smiled softly and moved closer to me when I gave her a weak smile. "I think you need some Chipotle." My head shot up and I smiled. "I'm starting to think you love Chipotle more than you love me."

"No." I shook my head. "That's not possible." She smiled.

"I know baby, I was just teasing. Should we get some for lunch? It'd be good to get out of the house."

"Sure." She smiled and leaned forward to kiss my forehead.

4 hours later we were in line at Chipotle, she ordered our food while I was zoned out. Our pinkies were linked together. I was only brought back to reality when JJ started walking away, dragging me with her. She got our drinks and then we sat down across from each other at a table in the corner. "Thank you." I said quietly.

"No problem." We both took a sip of our drink before eating.

I ate about half of my food before getting full. JJ glanced up at me. I usually always finish my meal but I guess I've just lost my appetite. "You ok?" She asked.

"I'm full."

"Wanna go home?" I nodded and we both stood up. I waited for her to get situated so we could hold hands on the way out.

She didn't start the car when we got into it. She just held my hand and we sat in silence. "I just feel tired all the time." I told her, rubbing my face with my free hand.

"Do you need to start seeing your therapist again?"

"I don't want to."

"But do you need to?"

"Probably...I'll call her tomorrow." I sighed and stared down in my lap. "But can you come with me? I...I always end up crying and feeling really uncomfortable and I know it might seem counter productive but I really want you to be there."

"Of course I can go with you baby.

"Thank you." She squeezed my hand and kissed my cheek.

"I want you to know that you're always safe with me, ok? You can tell me anything, I'm always here for you." She kissed my cheek again.

"That means a lot." I turned my head and smiled at her. She smiled back and kissed my lips. "I love you." I mumbled against them.

"I love you too."