You've Been So Busy

I barged into JJ's home office and smiled widely at her. She jumped and laughed. "You scared me honey."

"You know what day it is!" I said, spinning around excitedly.

"What?" My smile fell.

"It's date night."

"Oh." Her face turned full of regret and sympathy. "I can't go tonight honey. I have too much work."

"Oh." I nodded.

"I'm so sorry." She got out of our chair and walked over to me.

"It's ok, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I smiled weakly and she sat back down, going back to work.

I walked back to our room, pulling my knees up to my chest, sitting against the headboard. JJ had been so busy with work and we hadn't been able to spend any time together the past two months and I really missed her. I let out a deep breath as I felt a couple tears fall down my cheeks. I wiped them away quickly as the door opened.

"I'm really sorry honey, but I was wondering if you just wanted to order a pizza and cuddle on the couch and watch tv?"

"Yeah that's fine." I sighed.

"Are you ok?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, just finish your work." I pulled my phone out and looked down at it. As soon as she left I threw my phone across the room and let out silent sobs.

I struggled to pull myself back together but when I did I walked back into her home office. "Hi." She said. "It's gonna be a little bit." I sat down on the couch and took a deep breath. "I've missed you."

"We live together and we work at the same
place."

"But you're not here."

"What is this about?"

"You don't even know?" I scoffed.

"No, I don't know."

"You've been so busy with work and you're spending all your time doing everything else except spending time with me. I don't mean to be selfish but it's starting to feel like I don't have a wife anymore! I don't even know if you love me anymore." I mumbled the last sentence.

"What? Of course I love you!" She came to sit down next to me. "I love you more than anything in this world."

"Well, I don't feel it."

"I love you so much, how could you ever doubt that."

"You barely talk to me anymore. You don't touch me, you don't spend time with me."

"I want to but work is kicking my ass." I laughed softly. "What?"

"Can you just step away from work for a day? Please? One day. That's all I'm asking."

"Ok. Yeah." She nodded immediately. "This starts now, what do you need right now?"

"I just want to spend time with you." I whispered. She nodded and wrapped her arms around me.

"Honey I'm so sorry I didn't think about how much my work from home schedule could effect you." I relaxed into her arms and savored the moment. We hadn't held each other like this in two months. "I love you so much. I'm so sorry I haven't really been present lately. But please never doubt that I love you, because I do. So much." When she tried to let go I didn't let her.

"Don't go."

"I'm not going anywhere." She told me, wrapping her arms back around me. "But I do have to order the pizza. And start the movie." I held her tighter and she laughed. "I forgot you were this clingy." She said in a small voice. My heart sank as she picked me up and brought me to the couch in the main room. She got her phone out, still hugging me and ordered the pizza. Then she lied down on the couch on her side, spooning me from behind, starting Pitch Perfect. I pulled a blanket on over us and put my hand over her hand that was on my stomach, caressing it.

After ten minutes I turned around in her arms so I was facing her. "Do you not want to watch the movie?" She paused it and smoothed my hair back. "Y/n?" I buried my face into her chest. "Are you ok?"

"I just want to savor this moment. I don't know when we're going to have one like this again." She didn't say anything, just pulled me closer to her if that was possible and rested her chin on the top of my head. For the first time in a while I was able to fall asleep within g ten minutes.

I only woke up when I realized JJ wasn't there. I reached around for her and then opened my eyes. I saw that she was across the room, holding the pizza box. "Don't move, I'm coming back!" I held my arms open for her and she jumped back onto her original spot on the couch. She put her arms back around me and I smiled. "I missed this." She whispered.

"Me too."

"Are you ok?"

"I am now." I felt her smile and I cuddled in closer to her.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."