Insecure

Nothing ever seemed to help when it came to my self image. I hated almost everything about my body from my head to my toes. I'm too fat, I have too many freckles, too many scars. My face was just...ugly. I stared at myself in the mirror before pulling on my hoodie and sweatpants. JJ and I were about to drive to the state prison and I didn't want people to see my body. When I walked out of our hotel room I saw JJ scan my body. "Y/n."

"What?"

"You can't go in that."

"It says FBI."

"We're going to a prison."

"Well, it looks better than the jumpsuits." She laughed softly and put her arm around my shoulders, bringing my head closer to her so she could kiss my temple.

When we got into the car I let out a sigh as I buckled my seatbelt. "Are you ready to go?"

"Have to be."

"True." She laughed and put her hand on the console, holding it open so I could hold it. I smiled at her for the gesture and grabbed her hand, feeling more comfortable when I felt her hand holding mine.

The drive was a couple hours so I spent most of the time looking out the window and biting my thumbnail. Her thumb caressed my hand and she looked over at me for a second. "Whatcha thinking about?"

"Nothing." I turned to her and gave her a small smile.

"Hey." She pulled the car over to the side of the road.

"What are you doing? We have to be at the prison."

"In three hours, we were gonna be early anyways." She continued to caress my hand but gave me her full attention. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're being quiet, I know when something's wrong."

"I just...I don't feel good today?"

"How so?"

"I just feel disgusting." Her eyebrows furrowed. "I don't feel comfortable in my body."

"Honey, you're beautiful." She reached her free hand up to caress my cheek. "Don't doubt that. I know you're not feeling yourself right now...but I think you're gorgeous, no matter what you're wearing or how you look. You're always going to be beautiful to me." She kissed my lips softly and then kissed my nose.

"Really?"

"Of course honey. You're the most beautiful girl in the world." I blushed and looked down. She put her finger under my chin and gently lifted my head up, littering soft kisses all over my face, saying loving things in between like "I love you" or "You're so beautiful" or "I love you my beautiful girl" When she pulled away I blushed and smiled, feeling overwhelmed with love. "There's the smile I love." She kissed my lips again and then kissed the hand she was holding.

"I love you Jayje. Thank you."

"Anytime honey." She kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand three times. "You ready to go now?" I nodded and gave her another smile. "That's my girl." She started to caress my hand again and I leaned back in my chair, feeling more comfortable in my body.