Poison

I noticed that my hands were shaking as we walked back into the police department. JJ noticed and put her hand on my back. "Do you need a minute?"

"No. I don't think so. I don't know why I'm shaking." I admitted with a nervous laugh.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I nodded, certain that I wasn't having a panic attack.

"Ok, did you have a lot of coffee or have you not slept well?"

"I only had one cup of coffee today and I've slept eight hours." My breath hitched.

"Y/n?"

"Trash can." She rushed to get a trash can and came back. I immediately started vomiting, not stopping until I felt like I had emptied my stomach.

"Ok. We need to get you to the hospital."

"No, I'm fine."

"You threw up blood."

"Oh. Yeah. I should probably go then." I whispered.

"Honey?" She snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Y/n?" I fell down to the floor and everything went black.

"Good morning." I said, sitting up in a hospital bed. "I'm in the hospital right?"

"Yeah." JJ said.

"Why? Oh yeah. Blood."

"They found poison in your system." She sighed and sat down next to me, giving me a soft look.

"I'm alive. Why are you looking at me like that?" She grabbed my hand and caressed it.

"Did you do it to yourself?"

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously."

"No. I didn't do it to myself JJ. I wouldn't do that."

"Ok." I was relieved to see she didn't press. "Do you know how it might've gotten in your system?"

"No. I really don't. I made my coffee myself, opened a fresh bag. And I made my own lunch, it was in my bag. I keep eyes in my bag on all times. Unless it was on something I touched, which is a lot of things, I don't know."

"Ok." She sighed and stared at the wall, thinking about things that might've happened. I blushed and smiled to myself. "What?"

"You look cute when you're concentrated. That's all." She smiled and leaned forward, kissing me sweetly. "Am I cleared to go?"

"Yeah." She nodded and handed me my clothes. I got off of the bed JJ untied the hospital gown. I put on my clothes and then we drove back to the BAU together.

"Did you find anything?" JJ asked Emily once we got back.

"Yes. It was a poison that's spread through skin contact." Emily said. "Some of it was found in the water system here which means it was put in by one of our employees, Penelope is doing further research." We nodded and she walked away.

"So someone's trying to kill us?"

"They're trying to kill you." JJ corrected.

"Wow. Thanks for making me feel better." I sighed and sat down at my desk. She pulled up a chair next to me.

"You shouldn't touch anything."

"Ok. Can we go to your office then? I don't just wanna sit here and stare at my computer and look like I'm trying to use my telekinetic powers to get it to turn on."

"Ok. Yeah." She sighed, knowing that I rambled and made weird jokes when I was anxious. She held her hand out for me to grab.

"How do I know you're not infected?"

"Because I would be dead."

"Oh. Yeah." I grabbed her hand and we walked up to her office. As soon as she shut the door we heard gunshots. We immediately pulled out our guns but looked out the window to see Morgan standing over a dead body. "Oh my God is that Anderson?" I holstered my gun and looked at JJ who was just looking at me. Morgan looked up at us through the window and nodded. "It was him?" I tried to run out the door but JJ pulled me back and closed the curtains.

"Let's just stay in here."

"But he tried to kill me!"

"And now he's dead." I let out a frustrated huff.

"Why did he even do it?"

"That's what they're trying to figure out."

"We should be figuring it out too." She sighed and shook her head. "Why can't I try to figure out why he tried to kill me."

"Because you're going to think it's about every little interaction you've had with him and then you're going to make them investigate hundreds of possibilities when they really only need to investigate three."

"Fine." I sat down on her couch. "Maybe he's in love with you."

"No." She sat down next to me.

"What if I had died?" I leaned my head back.

"I don't want to talk about that." She told me.

"But what if-"

"No." Her voice broke.

"Ok. I'm sorry." I reached for her hand and squeezed it.

"You're not going to die. Not on my watch." I smiled and leaned my head on her shoulder. "I'm going to keep you safe." She put her arms around me.

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too."