Flinch ⚠️

⚠️ MEMORIES OF ABUSE ⚠️

"Did you do the dishes?" JJ asked me as she sat down on the couch next to me.

"Shit. I forgot, I'm sorry Jayje." She nodded and patted my thigh.

"It's ok, can you do them tomorrow though?"

"Yeah." I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"What was that?" She asked with a soft laugh.

"What?"

"That sigh of relief?"

"Nothing." I lied. I had gotten flashbacks from my ex getting mad and beating the shit out of me whenever I forgot to do something.

"I can tell when somethings wrong. Come on. Talk to me." She turned around to face me.

"It's nothing." She reached forward to tuck my hair behind my ear and I flinched.

"Well that was definitely something." She pulled her hand back. "Why did you flinch?"

"I didn't. You must be hallucinating or something." I laughed nervously and got up. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down. I snapped my wrist back.

"Don't do that." I said quickly.

"Ok, I'm sorry."

"Y/n-"

"Jayje-"

"Dont cut me off when I'm talking to you." She said sternly. She knew when she talked in a stern voice it always shut me up. "Why'd you flinch?" Her brows furrowed. "Don't tell me that I didn't see it, because I know what I saw...did someone hurt you?" I looked down. "Babe?"

"You just scared me that's all." She reached for my hand slowly, making sure not to startle me.

"Babe. You can tell me anything, I won't judge, I promise." I looked back up at her and blinked back tears. She caressed my hand. "Is it ok if I touch your knee?" I nodded and she reached out slowly to touch it, caressing it at the same rhythm as my hand.

"My uh...my ex used to be abusive. He would beat me if I did anything wrong, which according to him was almost anything." She squeezed my hand.

"I'm glad you told me. I know that was hard."

"Yeah, that's where the scars came from...the ones on my stomach that you asked about a while ago...thank you for not pressing about it by the way."

"Of course." I looked at my hands with a frown and she put her finger under my chin, lifting my head up to face her. "Is it ok if I hug you?" I nodded and she put her arms around me carefully, wrapping me into a comforting and loving hug. I leaned into her and rested my chin on her shoulder before nuzzling my nose into her neck. I inhaled her perfume and then let out a deep breath, letting my whole body relax. "We don't have to talk about it anymore if you don't want to. But, I'm here for you, ok?" I nodded.

"Thank you...I really needed to hear that." She rubbed my back until I pulled away.

"Do you need anything?" I shook my head.

"I think I'm ok." She leaned forward to kiss my forehead and cupped my face in her hands. I smiled and she kissed my forehead again. "I love you." I leaned forward and rested my head against her chest. She put her hand on my back and rubbed it.

"Mm. I love you too."