Try Not To Annoy Me As Much

JJ and I pushed each other around for space in front of the mirror. We were going to a party tonight with the rest of the team and we wanted to look nice. "Can you do something for me Jayje?" I asked, putting on my mascara.

"Sure."

"Can you try not to annoy me as much tonight." She looked towards me and lowered her lipgloss slowly.

"What?"

"I said can you try not to annoy me as much tonight. I've had a long day."

"Excuse me." She grabbed the mascara out of my hand.

"I was using that!"

"You can go to the party alone." She told me.

"What, no!"

"If you can't appreciate me for my amazing and loving personality you can go by yourself." She started taking off her dress.

"Jayje-"

"Dont 'Jayje' me."

"It was a joke. I was joking." I grabbed her hand.

"Seriously?" She looked at me and there were tears in her eyes.

"Honey I'm sorry I didn't know you would take it that hard. It's like a little prank on TikTok." I wiped away a tear that fell from her face and kissed her cheek.

"I'm still not going. That was mean." She undressed completely and then put on her t shirt and sweats.

"What, no. Please come."

"No."

"If you're not going, I'm not going." I started to undress and got on my matching shirt and sweatpants. "We're gonna match." She ignored me and put on a movie. I sat down on the bed with her and watched, feeling the tension.

"You don't annoy me." I told her. "Well sometimes you do like when you don't let me have a bite of your food or you don't hug me but your personality doesn't annoy me."

"Wow. Great to hear." She said sarcastically. I decided it was no use to try to console her so we just sat in silence while watching the movie.

After about half an hour she pushed me onto the side and spooned me. "Hi." I said, smiling to myself.

"Shut up. I'm mad but I still want to cuddle you."

"That is greatly appreciated." I turned around in her arms so I was facing her. "You're not annoying-"

"Shh. Just let me cuddle you."

"But-"

"Shh." She kissed my forehead and held me tight.

We lied there like that for an hour until she pulled away. "What?" I asked, sitting up quickly.

"So now you want to cuddle."

"I always wanted to." I lied down on top of her and didn't let her move. She didn't and we fell asleep like that.

I woke up when JJ pushed me off of her in the morning. "Don't leave." I whined.

"We have work. And you said I was annoying."

"It was a joke." I reminded her. "I love you. Please can we just stay here for five more minutes?" She looked at me and sighed.

"Ok, five more minutes." She got back into bed and I rested my head on her chest. "Now you're being the annoying one." She whispered.

"I'm ok with that."

"I know." She played with my hair. "I love you."

"I love you too."