What Did He Say To You? ⚠️

⚠️ MENTION OF RAPE, NEGLECT AND ABUSE ⚠️

"Did you talk to all the suspects?" JJ asked me as I walked by her, grabbing my arm to stop me.

"Yeah." I breathed out.

"What is it?"

"One of them is just...there's no evidence on him but he's just weird."

"What do you mean?"

"The way he talks...it's so threatening. He chooses his words so carefully, like he wants us to be uncomfortable." I whispered.

"What did he say to you?"

"It was a 20 minute interrogation I don't want to recite it. Ask Derek, he was there."

"Ok." She scanned my face and kissed my cheek before walking away. I walked back into the conference room to meet with Reid to help him with the victimology.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I sat down.

"Nothing, what do you mean?"

"You're body language and tone of voice-"

"I'm fine...just a weird suspect, that's all."

"What did he say to you?"

"What do you mean?" I laughed softly.

"Y/n. What did he say?" His eyes looked me up and down quickly.

"It's nothing, did you connect anything?" He shook his head. "I'm going to go get some coffee, you want some?" He shook his head so I left. I bumped into JJ and I jumped a little bit.

"Take a walk with me." She told me, putting her arm around my waist as we walked out of the police department. "Derek told me what he said." She said softly.

"Ok." She put her hand on the small of my back and I turned to face her as we stopped walking. "Honey, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt, he doesn't know you."

"Then how did he know those things about me?" I whispered, looking up at her slightly. She sighed and looked across my face. "Did he just guess?"

"I don't know."

"I need to sit down." I whispered as I slid down the wall. She knelt down in front of me on one knee and put her hand on my thigh. "How did he know about my dad? How he raped me...hit me...and even if he knew, why would he say that?"

"Your dad might've told him." She rubbed my thigh. "They went to the same prison."

"But...aren't child offenders treated horribly there, why would he even talk to him? And how would he know what I looked like?" I pulled my knees up to my chest and she moved to sit next to me.

"Sometimes things can't be explained." She moved my hair out of my face and I rested my chin on my knees as I hugged them. "You ok?" She put her arm on the top of my neck and caressed it.

"I don't know...it's something that I haven't got worked up about in a couple years but...he went into so much detail and he just stared at me and I couldn't do anything because I couldn't let him know that he got to me." I felt a single tear slide down my cheek so I wiped it away.

"It's ok." She whispered.

"I know." I turned my head so I was facing her but my head was still rested on my knees. She moved my hair out of my face again and then rested her hand on my cheek, caressing it slowly.

"Honey, what is it?" She asked, wiping another tear off of my face.

"I'm just thinking about it now." I sniffed, trying to hold a tear back. She leaned towards me and kissed my temple. "I didn't know it would ever be this vivid in my mind again." She put her arm over my shoulders and hugged my head into her chest. My thoughts stopped when I heard her heartbeat. Then I just focused on her and her breathing. I shut my eyes and reached for her hand. She kissed my head a couple times and waited for me to sit up again.

When I sat up she cupped my face in her hands and kissed my forehead. "He just wants to play with your brain. Don't let him." She kissed my forehead again and then we stood up. "You ok now?"

"Mhm." I tilted my forehead closer to her lips so she could kiss my forehead again. She put her arms around my waist and pulled me in for a tight hug.

"You don't have to interrogate him anymore, ok? I'll do it, does that sound good?"

"Yeah. Thank you." She kissed the top of my head.

"Of course baby. I love you."

"I love you too."