Gloomy

I sighed and frowned as I walked into JJ and I's room. She was on the bed on her phone, leaning against the headboard with her legs stretched out and crossed over each other in front of her. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her waist, leaning into her while I put my other head on her shoulder. "Tired?" She asked me, shutting her phone off and putting her arms around me, kissing my forehead.

"A bit."

"Come on, get under the covers." She lifted up the covers and put them over me. "Wanna watch a movie?" I shook my head.

"I wanna cuddle." She kissed my forehead.

"I can make that happen." She smiled and let go of me for a second so she could adjust to lie down on her back. I buried my face in her neck and tangled our legs together, draping my arm over her waist. "You feeling ok?"

"I don't know."

"Are you in the great in between?" I nodded. "That's ok. You don't always have to know exactly how you're feeling." She pulled the covers up to cover my shoulders and then put her arms around me.

"I feel gloomy."

"That doesn't sound fun."

"It's not."

"Do you know anything that might make you feel less gloomy?"

"You."

"That's a lot of pressure." I laughed softly and she smiled while kissing my forehead. "Anything you need me to say or do? Or do you just need me?"

"I just need you." She pulled me up on top of her so my head was on her chest. Our legs were still tangled together and it was really comfortable.

"Have you been feeling like this all day?"

"Yeah. I thought I could make it better but it wasn't doing anything."

"I'm sorry honey." She rubbed my back soothingly. "I would've helped you sooner, you know?"

"I know."

"Well, I got you now, ok? You can lean on me...lay on me for anything you need, ok?" I smiled slightly at her stupid joke. "We can stay here as long as you want." I nodded and groaned as she got a call. "Hey Hotch. Yeah. Yeah, is it alright if y/n and I sit this one out? She's not feeling too good and I need to be here for her." She took a deep breath. "I don't know, I just know she needs me and some space." She said thank you and hung up a few seconds later.

"Case?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For asking him if we could stay home."

"Anytime babe." She rubbed my back. She slid her hand up my back and lightly ran her fingertips over my back. "Do you wanna talk about anything?" I shrugged and sighed.

"The gloom has taken over my brain...now all I can think about is being sad." She kissed the top of my head. "I haven't felt like this in a while. I just hope I don't throw up."

"Why would you throw up."

"Sometimes when the gloom gets really intense I throw up."

"That...doesn't make sense." I shrugged.

"Probably from the crying. But I'm not crying so we're in the clear." I laughed softly but frowned when she wasn't laughing. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize."

"I've never felt safe with anyone before you...I've never had anyone to go to when I feel like this." I paused for a second. "I uh...it's just really good to have someone to be here for me."

"Well I'm glad to be of service." I kissed her collarbone. "I promise you can always talk to me. I'm really glad you came to me for comfort but I'm so sorry that you've never been able to talk to anyone before. I know that since...since you've never had someone to talk to you might not know how to talk about your feelings, but I'm always here. I want you to know that."

"Thank you."

"Of course."

"So...we can really just stay here as long as I need?"

"Yes. We can really do that." I blinked back tears.

"Thank you. Thank you so much."

"No problem honey. I'm always here for you."