Open Up

Even though JJ had been away on cases for half of the past two months she had noticed. She had noticed that my appetite had decreased and that I was sleeping longer, finding it harder to get out of bed.

When she came home from her newest case she wasn't surprised when she found me in bed with a half eaten slice of pizza on my nightstand. "Hey baby." She whispered softly.

"Hi." I mumbled, rolling over to face her. She had a crewneck in her hand. She held it up in front of her. It said Vegas on it, from where she had gone on her last case.

"It smells like me." She tossed it over and I sat up tiredly, taking off her hoodie I had been wearing for the past couple days and putting the new one on. She crawled into bed next to me and pulled me into her. "I was thinking that tomorrow we could go out to the park, have a picnic if that's ok with you?" She offered gently. When I didn't answer she kissed my forehead. "We don't have to, it was just a suggestion. We can just stay here and cuddle." I nodded. "You like that better?" I nodded. She realized I wasn't talking as much and frowned. "Y/n?"

"Hm?" I tilted my head to look up at her.

"You know I'm always here for you, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Just wanted to remind you." I hid my face in her chest, letting myself relax a bit. She knew. I draped my arm over her waist and let out a deep breath.

We lied there in silence for a second as I tried to figure out what to say. "Jayje?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm trying...I'm trying to open up."

"I know you are baby."

"How did you know?"

"Well...the house was pretty messy...half eaten food, every time I got home you were in bed, no matter what time of day it was. Plus...I'm a profiler."

"So you knew a while ago?"

"Yeah. I wanted to give you space, I know you usually want space when you feel like this."

"Thank you."

"Of course."

"Everyone always pressures me to talk to them and sometimes I don't want to." I mumbled. "But you don't do that, you actually make me feel safe with you instead of making me feel like I have to tell you because of obligation."

"I-"

"Seriously Jayje, thank you so much." I was on the verge of tears. "I just need someone to be here for me, just someone to lean on not someone who forces me to tell them everything and doesn't care." She held me tighter, knowing I needed it.

"I'm always here."

"I know. Thank you." I tangled my legs with hers and sniffed as I tried to hold back tears.

We stayed like that for half an hour until I brought my head up to look at her. She saw that my eyes looked watery and frowned, cupping the side of my face in her hand, caressing my cheek. "I love you so much." She whispered. "Never doubt that."

"I don't." I assured her. A tear slid down my cheek and my lip started to tremble.

"Hey, why are you crying?" She asked softly, wiping my tears away.

"I don't know." I hid my face in her chest again and she put one hand on the back of my head and one on my back, holding me protectively. She got the blanket and pulled it up close to my shoulders. "Jayje?"

"What is it baby?"

"Can you sit out your next case?"

"Already done." Tears welled up in my eyes again and my body shook with a sob. "Shh, it's ok." She whispered comfortingly, rubbing my back.

I cried for about 5 minutes before stopping. I tilted my head up and she kissed my forehead. before cupping my face in her hand again. "Hey." She whispered.

"Hi."

"I love you so much. Don't say it back honey, I just want you to know, ok?" I nodded. "I love you so much and I'm always, always here for you."

"Thank you."

"Of course."