Panic Attack ⚠️

⚠️ PANIC ATTACK ⚠️

JJ and I were cuddled up on the couch watching a random show that she had been interested in the past few weeks. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I whispered to her.

"Be quick." She pouted now that I wasn't in her embrace.

Once I was done in the bathroom I walked back out to the couch, taking my place back. She kissed my temple and I put my arm over her arm that was on my stomach. "Wanna watch another episode?" She asked me.

"I don't know." I squirmed in her arms as I started to feel hot.

"Y/n?"

"Hm?"

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm just hot."

"Want me to make dinner?"

"Sure." I got up from the couch and stretched, trying not to let her see that I was shaking.

A minute passed and I was starting to feel even worse. I was sitting at our kitchen counter on the barstool and my head was spinning and I could barely breathe, it felt like something was sitting on my chest. "Jayje."

"Hm?" She turned around to look at me and rushed over when she saw me. "What's wrong?"

"I c...I can't breathe." I put my hand over my chest and lowered my head to the marble counter.

"Can you sit up for me?"

"Mhm." I sat up slowly and looked at her with fear in my eyes, hyperventilating. "I need...I don't wanna fall."

"Ok, let's sit on the ground." I nodded in agreement and she helped me sit down on the ground. I pulled my knees up to my chest while she grabbed my face gently in her hands.

"Am I dying?"

"No honey you're not dying, just look at me, ok? You're gonna be ok. Can you breathe with me?" I shrugged, not being able to talk. "Can you try?" I nodded. "Ok, in....and out, in....and out." She repeated that a few times but I shook my head.

"Not working." I lowered my head into my knees to hide my face as tears started to fall.

"Can you look at me?" Her voice was softer now and I lifted my head. Her eyes were filled with love and worry. "Do you know what you need right now?" It took a minute but I nodded. "What is it?"

"Can't...talk." I said between deep breaths. I was starting to get really dizzy with my uneven breathing.

"Do you need to lay down?" I shook my head. "Do you need water?" I shook my head again and she put her hand on my arm, making me flinch. "It's just me." She caressed my arm and slowly put her other hand on my face, wiping the tears away. "Y/n, I know you can't talk but I don't know how to help you if you don't try to communicate with me." I nodded and grabbed her arm tightly, putting it over my shoulder.

She got the message and held me against her, rubbing my back and breathing slowly so I could breathe with her.

After a few minutes I had calmed down enough so that I could talk. "Thank you Jayje."

"Of course honey." She kissed my temple and picked me up, putting me down on the bed before sitting next to me. "Are you ok?"

"I think so." I reached for her hand and she took mine immediately, putting her other hand over ours gently and caressing my hand.

"Do you know what caused it?"

"No." I told her truthfully.

"Ok, can I go make dinner or do you want me to stay here?"

"Can you stay here?" She nodded and I put my arms around her, hugging her again since it was one of the only things that brought me comfort. I buried my face in her neck.

"It's ok." She whispered. "I'm right here."

"I know." I pulled away from her and she kissed my forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you too."