Wide Awake

I woke up at 2 in the morning cuddled up closely to JJ while she lightly snored. I patted her chest a couple times to get her to wake up and it worked. "Hm? Y/n?" She mumbled, moving around a little bit.

"Hi." I said with a smile.

"What's up honey?"

"Can we talk?"

"About what?" She nuzzled her nose into the top of my head.

"Anything. I woke up and I'm wide awake. We don't have work tomorrow." I said quickly.

"Ok." She started. "I don't know what to say."

"Did you have any dreams?" She shook her head and yawned. "Do you wanna get lunch at Panera in like...12 hours."

"Sure honey."

"You smell good." I buried my head into her chest and smelled her vanilla perfume.

"Thanks baby." She sighed, yawning again.

"Do you love me?"

"Very much honey." She stroked my hair and kissed the top of my head. "More than anything in the world. Why'd you ask?"

"I don't know. Can I have a kiss?" I tilted my head up and she pecked my lips sleepily. I pouted and she kissed me again. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too honey." She started stroking my hair again and yawned. "Is it ok if I sleep some more? I know you want to talk but I'm really tired." She pressed another kiss to my head and I nodded. "You sure? Anything else you need before I fall asleep again?"

"Can you cuddle me?"

"You're joking right?"

"No."

"You're as close to me as you could possibly be honey."

"Please Jayje." She pulled me closer to her but I sighed. She rolled onto her back and pulled me on top of her so that our bodies were almost completely touching.

"This better?" She mumbled sleepily, leaving her hands on the middle of my back.

"Mhm." I nuzzled my nose into her neck. "Jayje?"

"What's wrong honey?"

"I'm sad."

"Why?" She sighed and started rubbing my back.

"I don't know. I was so happy and lively and then I just got heavy and sad."

"I think you're just tired honey." She pulled the covers up over us so I was warmer and tightened her grip on me. I hummed against her neck and I felt her cheeks pull up in a smile. "I love you." She rubbed my back and I cuddled in even closer to her.

"I love you too."

"Sleep well honey, ok?"

"You too Jayje."

"I will now that you won't wake me up when I'm in a peaceful slumber."

"Hey! I was lonely."

"We were cuddling!"

"Shh, keep cuddling me." She laughed softly and kissed my forehead.

"Good night honey."

"Good night Jayje."