That's Real Cute

"Oh. That's real cute." I said as I took off my shirt in front of the mirror. I traced my long scar from my surgery a week ago at the hospital, we had just gotten home. It want all the way from my belly button to just below my breasts. "It's kind of sexy though? Don't you think?" I said jokingly, I really hated it. I just didn't want her to see me looking insecure. "Adds some mystery. Someone sees it and they ask what happened and then I'll just tell them it's from a top secret mission and they'll all be pining after me and then I can reject them and tell them I have a wife that I love very much and then I can look at it in the mirror again...what?" I asked, out of breath when I saw her looking at me.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." I gave her an assuring smile.

"Ok. Do you wanna get some rest in an actual bed?"

"Yes. Very much so." We smiled at each other and walked to the bed, cuddling up so close to each other I didn't think there was a single inch of us that wasn't touching. She draped her arm over my waist as I buried my face in her chest. "Good night honey."

"Good night. I love you."

"I love you too."

After two hours of not falling asleep I poked JJ's face a couple times until she woke up. "Hello?" I said.

"Hey. What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep."

"Well...I don't know how to help because we're already cuddling." She played with my hair and closed her eyes again.

"No, stay awake please. It gets lonely staring at the wall."

"Ok. Do you wanna talk?"

"About what?"

"I don't know. Anything. I'm really tired baby."

"Oh. You can go back to sleep then."

"Well, I don't want you to be alone. What's keeping you up?"

"I don't know."

"Yes you do baby." She ran her fingers through my hair. "I know you too well. You can't lie to me. You're trapped." She joked.

"As long as I'm trapped with you." She laughed softly and let out a happy sigh.

"So what's keeping you up?"

"My scar."

"Does it hurt?"

"No, wait...I don't know, only when I think about it."

"Then what's wrong?"

"It's really big."

"Yeah." She agreed.

"But it's really big."

"What are you trying to hint to me. Honey, I promise you I would usually get it but it's 2 in the morning and I'm really tired." I sighed. "You don't actually like the scar do you?"

"You know me too well." She sat up and pulled me onto her lap. She turned on the nightlight. "It's ugly." I pulled my shirt up and traced it. "Love getting hit with a baseball bat so hard it ruptures my spleen." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey." She traced the scar and looked up at me. "I think it's beautiful...another thing for me to give love to right?" She said while smirking. She always kissed my scars during sex and told me how beautiful they where. I guess that was an upside. "Babe? Look at me?" I looked up at her with sad eyes. "I think it's beautiful." She repeated.

"But you have to say that."

"No honey, I don't." She put her hand on the side of my face and caressed it. "Want me to show you?" She said, raising her brows and smirking. I shrugged. "Honey please don't be insecure about it." She held my hands and kissed them.

"How can I not be though? It's a permanent seven inch scar that I'm going to have to see everyday, that you're probably going to have to see everyday." She sighed.

"It doesn't make you ugly y/n."

"But-"

"No. Stop trying to say it in different ways so that you can get away with saying it. It doesn't make you ugly. Don't talk about yourself like that." I gave her a weak smile. "I love you, and honestly, that scar is pretty sexy." She said while laughing.

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me sweetheart." She mumbled as she kissed my neck. I put my arms around her and pushed her back onto the bed. "Sleep time?" She asked while yawning.

"Mhm."

"Ok good. You're in for a treat when we wake up, ok?" I smiled and hugged her tighter. "I love you."

"I love you too."