Don't You Need To Get That?

I woke up by myself and I sighed. JJ had been spending all of her time working. Every minute of it and it was getting old. I got up and put my head into a messy bun before making a bowl of cereal for JJ. I knocked on her home office door and saw that she was staring at her computer, typing quickly. "Hey. I brought you some food." I set it down in front of her.

"Thanks." She stopped typing and took the spoon, taking a bite. "Do you need something?" She asked when I kept standing there. I didn't say anything and just walked away, going back to bed and shutting my eyes.

I woke up three hours later and JJ still wasn't here which meant she was still working. If I was in bed past 10:30 she would usually come and cuddle me, but it was 11 now and she wasn't here. I pulled out my phone and saw that I had one text from JJ.

9:57 AM
Wife💍🥵: you ok?

I didn't answer and left her on read, knowing she wouldn't even check her phone for another hour so it wouldn't even matter.

I scrolled aimlessly through TikTok for an hour and rubbed my eyes tiredly when another text from JJ came through.

12:10 PM
Wife💍🥵: seriously? leaving me on read :(

I didn't answer her again and just sighed, swiping up on the notification to make it go away and went back to TikTok until JJ got off work.

Four hours passed and the door finally opened. "Hi." JJ said quietly when she walked in.

"Hi." I replied, never looking up from my phone.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked.

"No." She jumped onto the bed next to me.

"What are you watching?"

"I don't know. Just TikTok."

"Ok...are you sure you aren't mad at me?"

"Mhm."

"Can you look at me?" I put my phone down and looked at her. "Cuddles?" She asked while smiling, playing with her fingers.

"Ok." She pulled me into her and I rested my head on her chest as she held me close.

"Are you sure you're not mad at me?"

"Yeah."

"Then why aren't you talking?"

"I'm tired."

"What have you been doing all day?"

"Just laying here."

"Oh." She rubbed my back. "Have you eaten anything?" I shook my head.

"Not hungry."

"Is everything ok?" I shrugged and she sighed. "What is it?" It took me a second to reply.

"You spend so much time working and I just want to spend time with you." I whispered, not knowing how she would take it; if she would think that I was clingy or if she would feel bad.

"I'm spending time with you now."

"Yeah. But it's Saturday and I woke up by myself and you didn't come say hi til 4. And you usually always come to cuddle me if I sleep in past 10:30 but you didn't."

"Honey, I'm sorry that I've been spending so much time on work but I don't have time to do it during the weekdays." I didn't say anything. "Honey?"

"Mhm."

"I really am sorry."

"I know." She rubbed her fingers lightly over my shoulder.

"You have me for the rest of the day though."

"Are you gonna be here when I wake up?"

"I don't know."

"Ok." I nodded and pulled away from her.

"Where are you going?"

"Just need a minute." I walked to the bathroom and leaned against the counter. It felt like someone had just stabbed me in the heart. I get that she still had to do work and that she was still working at home but it's like she wasn't even putting in effort anymore.

When I finally walked back to the bedroom she was sitting on my side of the bed, facing the bathroom door. "You ok?" She looked genuinely concerned.

"Yeah."

"Y/n, don't lie to me." She stood up and put her hands on my face, caressing it. My bottom lip trembled and I looked down, hiding my face. "Come on honey, what is it?" She lifted my head back up and she frowned once she saw my face. "Do you need anything? Ice cream?"

"No."

"Come on. Up." She tapped the back of my thigh and I jumped, wrapping my legs around her waist and my arms around her neck. She lied down on the bed with me on top of her and I sighed when her phone dinged.

"Don't you need to get that?" I asked her.

"No. Let's just spend time together, ok?" She ran her fingertips along my back and kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you." I let out a sigh of relief and she pulled the covers up over us. "You smell good." She laughed softly. "I love you."

"I love you too honey."