Hot Day

JJ and I were out for a run, it had been about an hour and it was 90 degrees outside. We had ran five miles and we had just arrived back at our house. I leaned on my knees and tried to take controlled deep breaths. "Can you get me some water?" I asked. She nodded and walked slowly to the kitchen, out of breath. "How...how the fuck do you run that much?"

"Years of training."

"So I have a lot of catching up to do?" I smiled when she handed me the water. "Can't I just stick to my profession? Pilates...yoga?"

"Sure. Be a chicken. Back out."

"I'm not being a chicken, I just feel super lightheaded." I walked over to the kitchen counter and sat down on the barstool, chugging my water.

"Have you eaten anything today?"

"No."

"That's probably why honey." She sat down next to me and pulled her phone out.

"Do you think I look hot when I'm sweaty in a sports bra?" I asked, looking down at my body.

"Yes, I do." She said, blushing. "Now, what do you want to eat?"

"Jimmy John's."

"I knew you were gonna say that. 8 inch veggie with salt and vinegar chips?"

"You know me too well." We smiled and I took another sip of my water.

20 minutes passed and the doorbell rang. JJ sprung up and grabbed the food before coming back over to me. "Thank you." I said as she handed me my sandwich. I took a huge bite out of it and smiled. It tasted like heaven and I was so hungry. "I'm never going to wait til 2 to eat again."

"Good." We didn't say anything else until we were done eating.

"Jayje?"

"Hm?"

"I know it's really hot outside...and we're sweaty but...can we cuddle? Please?"

"Of course, you don't have to ask baby. Wanna go to bed or to the couch?"

"The bed." She nodded and held her hand out to me. I grabbed it and we walked upstairs to our bed.

She lied down on her back and I lied down on top of her, resting my head on her shoulder. "You feeling ok?"

"I'm still lightheaded, and I feel like if I move I'm going to throw up."

"So don't move? Got it. We can just stay like this forever."

"That sounds perfect." I sighed, shutting my eyes.

Ten minutes later I groaned and rolled off of her. "What is it?" She turned on her side to face me and I put my hands over my face.

"I just feel sick." I whimpered.

"Do you need to throw up?" I shook my head.

"I just don't feel good at all." I took my hands off my face and stared at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry baby. Anything I can do to help?" She put her hand on my cheek and tilted my face so she could kiss me.

"I don't think so." She brushed the hair out of my face and kissed my forehead. I turned onto my side and put my arm over her waist. She put her arms around me and pulled me closer. I buried my head into her chest, but it was really her boobs because she only had a sports bra on. I smiled and she laughed.

"Pretty good place for your face to be isn't it?"

"Yeah." She traced small shapes on my back, causing me to completely relax.

"I feel better already." I whispered after a few minutes.

"That's good. We can stay like this all day."

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too baby." I tensed up as her fingers trailed over a bruise. "I'm sorry honey."

"It's ok." She circled around the bruise and kissed the top of my head.

"Tell me if you need anything, ok?"

"I will."

"I love you."

"I love you too."