Prinxiety

Whenever you first kiss your soulmate a small, matching, tattoo with form on both yours, and your soulmates wrist.

~~~~~

Virgil pushed his way through the crowded school halls, he kept his mind focused on walking instead of the comments that were being yelled at him.

"You'll never find your soulmate!" 

"Who would ever fall for you? Such a depressed nightmare." 

Virgil shrugged it off, he was used to the truth by now. It didn't affect him as much as it had when people had first yelled out the comments. 

~~~~~

Roman looked down at his wrist, walking around the courtyard of the school during the lunch hour. He couldn't wait to find his soulmate and everyone in his school knew that. But they weren't brave enough to shout the same rude comments at him like they did to Virgil. 

"I bet you don't even have a soulmate, freak." Roman's ears perked up, his eyes scanned his surroundings as he heard someone laugh wickedly after the comment. When Roman's eyes landed on the culprit he flinched after seeing him kick a boy who was on the ground. 
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Roman walked over and shoved the guy off. The boy backed off after seeing Roman's face, knowing he held too much of a popular role for him to get in a fight with. The whole school would turn on him if he even dared looked at Roman the wrong way. The student ran off before Roman could say anything else to him. 

"Hey, are you okay?" The boy on the floor scooted back until his back hit the lockers. 
"Don't be scared. I won't hurt ya." Roman offered his signature smile and kneeled down in front of Virgil. 
"I-I'm fine." Virgil stuttered, looking up at the most popular kid in the school. Roman Prince, and he really did do his last name honor. 
"Here, lemme help you, if that's okay..?" Roman's hand hovered over Virgil's, not wanting to touch him without permission. Virgil gave him a meek nod. Roman held both of Virgil's hands in his and gently pulled him up off the floor. 

'Roman guided Virgil through the practically empty halls and into a bathroom. 
"So...why were they bothering you?" Roman asked, grabbing a paper towel and running it under cold water - this was the best thing to ice he had.

It was silent. Virgil didn't answer.

"It's alright, Virgil, right?" Again, Virgil nodded. 
"Well, Virgil, I'm not gonna make fun of you like those other pricks were. I'll sit and listen. And you don't need to hold in your tears, like I said: no judgement here." Roman grew a bit more concerned when tears slipped from Virgil's eyes, but he still kept his gentle smile on his face. 

Roman quickly picked Virgil up and sat him up on the counter, causing the emo to yelp and his cheeks to turn a bright pink. Roman chuckled lightly and ruffled Virgil's hair.
"Sorry bout that. Look up for me." Virgil did as told and looked up, his blush darkening once he reeled how close he was to Roman. 

"So, why were they messing with you?" Roman dabbed the paper towel onto Virgil's split lip, stopping it from bleeding before wiping away the dry blood.

"The whole school thinks I'm going to die before I meet my soulmate...because it's so hard for them to believe that someone as-as 'edgy' as me could ever fall in love let alone convince anyone to fall in love with me..." Virgil held onto his arm, he was feeling nervous and way too anxious and really wish that Roman would back off - even if he did have kind intentions.

"Where else?" Virgil cocked his head in confusion, but Roman didn't think much of it. 
"Where else does it hurt?" 
"O-oh." Before Virgil could answer his hand subconsciously placed itself over his stomach. Roman reached a hand out and lightly touched the top of Virgil's hand. He gently moved Virgil's hand and set in his lap. He pulled up his shirt a bit and tried to look at where Virgil was hurting, but Virgil protested. 

"H-Hey! Don't do that!" Virgil stared down at the floor, his cheeks bright red. 
"I'm just trying to help you." Virgil looked up at Roman, his eyes scanning for any hint of mockery or judgement. He let out a small sigh before moving his arms down to his sides and letting Roman look at his stomach. A bruise was already forming. 

"Y'know, in my opinion," Roman started, getting a fresh, much colder napkin and wringing it out before putting it on Virgil's side causing him to complain about how cold it was. "Sorry, but it'll feel better after." Roman kept his hand over the napkin and over Virgil's stomach. "But in my opinion, it doesn't matter if you don't have a soulmate. I'm sure you do though. Everyone has a soulmate. And you are apart of everyone." Roman booped Virgil.

"So, tell me about yourself - who is Virgil Black?" 

"Well...I'm Virgil. You know that though." Virgil mentally scolded himself for being an idiot. "I- uh. I like music! And um...theater. I'm in theater actually..." 
"I thought you looked familiar." Roman noted. "You're in my theater class, aren't ya?" Virgil nodded shyly. His eyes anywhere but on Roman. 
"Y-Yeah."

Roman finished helping Virgil, tossing the napkins in the bin and looking at Virgil with a smile. Virgil chuckled softly, the room filling with the soft sound. 
"Your laugh is precious." 
"T-Thanks, yours isn't too bad either...Ahh that was stupid of me to say, sorry." 

Roman hovered over Virgil, like he had been the whole time he was helping. "You don't have to help anymore, Princey." Roman was slightly caught of guard but smiled and chuckled anyways. 

"What's so funny?" Virgil rushed out, his eyes dilating with fear. His mind jumping to conclusions. 

"You called me Princey." 
"A-and? You saved me. L-like a prince." 

Virgil hopped off the counter, taking Roman's hand that was offered to help him down. 
"You make me look short." Virgil commented, earning another laugh. 
"That's because you are short." Roman tried to take a step closer to Virgil but ended up slightly tripping. His face was about to smash into Virgil's but he caught himself by putting his arms out in front of him and his hands slammed into the wall, his lips had touched Virgil's, not a kiss, just a light touch. 

Virgil stared down at his wrist, feeling his wrist tingle as a small tattoo formed - a matching one showing on Roman.

"Well," Roman spoke, his hand touching his lips. "I told you there was a soulmate for everyone."

~~~~~

Original: June 25, 2018

Edited: April 21, 2020

~Have An Amazing Day!!