Not Evil

"Virgil!" Roman threw opened the anxious side's door. Roman looked to be disheveled, not in any mood to be told off for not knocking. The door was slammed shut and the lights flicked on.

"I...I'm not him Virgil..." Roman cried, the tears built up in his eyes were finally let loose. Virgil stood up from his bed, abandoning his phone. Having known completely what had just gone down, he knew what Roman worried about. 

"I know."

"I'm supposed to be there hero...I'm not evil!" Roman's hand clutched onto his chest, watching as Virgil continued to walk closer to him. "He compared me to my brother! I'm nothing like that- that fiend! I help Thomas, I save others. I am the prince, I am the hero. I've never been compared to evil before. I'm not evil..."

"I know." 

Roman stumbled forwards, his hands grabbed onto Virgil, clutching onto Virgil's baggy hoodie sleeves as he looked into Virgil's very hesitant eyes.

"Tell me..."

"...Roman, you're not evil, I trust you." Roman sobbed, pulling Virgil into a hug, his arms holding Virgil close to him, his head resting on Virgil's shoulder as he cried, sobbing. Virgil didn't hug him back, his arms laid limply at his sides, simply letting Roman get out everything that he needed to. 

"I'm not evil?"

"You're not evil."

The room fell silent. Neither of the two had any clue as to how long they had been standing there. Neither of the two knew when Roman had stopped sobbing. 
The sun outside the window had slowly gone down, the room still alight from the shaded lamp that hung from the ceiling. 

"Roman." Virgil slightly pushed Roman away, examining Roman's face. Taking in his dried tears, his mussed up hair, his red and puffy eyes, his paled skin and his unsteady form.
"You don't look so well. Come sit down." Virgil grabbed Roman's hand and slowly pulled him over to his bed, keeping Roman's hand in his even while they were sitting. 

Roman leaned onto Virgil, needed someone who understood how badly Deceit's words could hurt. Even if Roman had started it, being compared to his brother was a low blow. 

"Do you think...if I had told you guys my name before you were okay with me being around...you would've treated me the same way that he treated him?" Virgil had been holding in that question ever since her heard Roman make fun of Janus, he knew it was rude and uncalled for but Roman felt pressured, he was scared of Thomas choosing their side over his. 

"I...I'm not sure." Roman spoke truthfully. Not wanting to lie to the one person that he knew was there for him. Virgil hummed in response. 

~~~~~

Again, not much, I still hope you liked it though.

~Happy Quarantine!!

~Have An Amazing Day!!