Virgil...

T.W: Suicide
~~~~~

Everyone met up in Thomas' living room. Virgil had asked everyone to meet him there at eight at night, on the dot. 
There were eight letters on the table and they made everyone in the room curious. They were all in envelopes, a name on each of them, two names on one. 

"Where's Virge?" Thomas asked as he looked around at all the sides and characters and traits or whatever you'll call them. He looked around at his family. 
"I don't know, he stressed that everyone needed to be here at eight and no later. He seemed off actually." Roman explained. 

Logan had been the first to pick up the envelope with his name. No one else wanted to read theirs before Virgil arrived incase it spoiled a surprise or something interesting.

Logan quickly read over the short letter, his eyes widened the further he read. He looked up at everyone, they all stared at him. 
"Read your letters. Now." Logan demanded, hastily handing everyone their envelopes. No one hesitated to read theirs. Emile read over Remy's shoulder and everyone seemed to be worried as they read. Except Remus and Deceit, although Deceit had a sad expression, Remus still had a smile on his face.

"He referred to me as his brother. He loves me." He joked. 

"Shut up!" Roman snapped, his hands were shaky as he reread his letter again. "Let me see yours." Roman told Logan, who quickly handed his letter to Logan so they could switch to make sure all the letters aligned and everyone's was about the same thing.

They were...

Everyone but Remus was either on the verge of tears or already crying. Roman sunk down, everyone following behind (Remy dragging Thomas with them) and they rushed to Virgil's room. Roman didn't bother knocking as he slammed Virgil's door open, his hand lingering on the doorknob as he looked at the sight before him.

Virgil hung from a rope hanging from the fan, his body limp. he was wearing one of Roman's shirt and it showed off all the cuts and scars on his arms. A chair was knocked over in the middle of the floor...

"Virgil..." Roman stared at his, now dead, boyfriend. Logan was quick to pull Patton away so he wouldn't see the awful sight in front of him. Patton hid his face in Logan's chest, already afraid of what he would see if he turned away from Logan's embrace.

"Cool!" Remus shoved passed everyone and examined Virgil. The color in his face was drained and their were streaks of eyeshadow down his cheeks from his tears. 
"I've never seen a real dead person before! This is amazing, maybe we can-"

"No! Shut up!" Roman cut him off, he was having a hard time processing what was happening and his brother was not helping.
"What do we do? What do I do? What...I tried so hard to help him through everything, why wasn't I good enough? I wish I had been good enough!"  Roman took a step forward, tears steadily rolling down his face and dripping off of his chin and onto the floor. 

"Roman...this wasn't your fault." Thomas told him. 

"Logan, what if he did this because of me? You've said it yourself, I'm strict, what if my rules drove him to do this?" Patton cried as he looked up at Logan.
"This wasn't your fault either. Virgil was going through a lot, he had always been going through a lot. This wasn't your fault." Logan pushed Patton's hair back and kissed Patton's forehead. "It wan't your fault." He repeated.

Everyone started talking, questioning what they should do. Everyone except Deceit. He was silent. Suspiciously silent. He hadn't shed a tear and he wasn't anywhere near crying. He simply stared at the hanging corpse. 
"Virgil?" Deceit whispered as he stared at Virgil's face, Remus had moved away, listening to everyone's conversations and adding his input. 
"I know." Deceit spoke again, watching as more tears fell from Virgil's eyes.  "You're not dead, sides can't die..." Deceit picked up the chair and set Virgil up on so he was standing. "You can't die." Deceit spoke softly, he knew now was not a time to pick on Virgil.

No one had noticed Deceit's action, nor when Virgil had untied the noose. However, they did all look over when they heard sobbing, when they heard Virgil's choked sobs.
"Why couldn't it just be easy! Why can't I just get an easy way out! I give up! Let me quit!" Virgil screamed as he fell forward, Deceit catching him.

"Calm down." Deceit told him, helping him stabilize before he let Virgil go, although he still fell to his knees, his head hanging low as he continued to cry. Everyone was in shock, but eventually Roman snapped out of it and ran to Virgil, kneeling down in front of him and pulling him close.
"Oh my Irene, Virgil...I know you may not be happy, but I'm so happy that your still with us, with me. I love you, I love you. Please don't ever scare me like that again. Please." Roman cried, his arms around Virgil's waist slightly tightened as he cried into Virgil's shoulder, and Virgil cried into his, with his arms wrapped around Roman's shoulders. 

"How did you know sides couldn't die...?" Logan asked, taking his eyes off of Virgil and looking up at Deceit. 
"I learned the hard way...Virgil, I'll be in my room if you want to talk." Deceit pushed passed everyone and slowly walked to his room with his hands deep in his pockets. he was thinking things through and didn't want to be bothered by everyone else. 

Patton sat down next to Virgil, rubbing his back as he, himself, cried. Logan sat next to Patton to make sure he was okay. Thomas sat on the floor, leaning against the wall as he thought about what Virgil had just attempted, how he didn't pick up on the signs. How Virgil had been putting in the extra effort to keep Thomas from feeling distressed. Remus retreated back to his room, claiming that 'no one was any fun'. Remy and Emile sat on the edge of Virgil's bed, staying quiet.

~~~~~

Later the night, no one wanted to be alone. Remy and Emile went back to Remy's room and made small talk. Logan and Patton went back to Logan's room, Logan consistently trying to get Patton to calm down and stop crying. So he kept him in his lap as they sat in his room on his bed and watched a Disney movie, well, listened to a Disney movie.
Roman had carried Virgil into his room, he wanted to get out of the gloomy room because he couldn't get the sight of the supposedly lifeless Virgil.

Once in his room, Roman carefully set Virgil down on his bed. Virgil was quiet as he stared at the floor. Roman was pacing the room...
After awhile Roman let out a sad laugh, gaining Virgil's attention. He stopped pacing, running his hands through his hair as he laughed and more tears ran down his face. Virgil looked up at him with a saddened expression, with a scared expression.

"R-Roman...?" 

"I thought you were gone. I thought I had lost the love of my life! I thought you were playing a joke on me, which would have been a cruel joke mind you, but then I read everyone else's letters, I realized it wasn't a joke. I realized that if I wasn't quick enough I was about to lose you. I realized that you called us all at once so you'd have time to kill yourself without any distractions!" Roman yelled at his ceiling, but he eventually started talking again, in a quiet voice. "Virgil, why didn't you just talk to me about what you were feeling? Why didn't you tell me that you were having suicidal thoughts? Why didn't I pick up on all the signs? Was this my fault?" Roman turned to Virgil, who hadn't stopped crying. 

Roman slowly walked over to Virgil, not expecting any answers to any of his questions. He reached his hand out and caressed Virgil's cheek with the back of his hand. "Please don't cry anymore..." Roman whispered. His heart hurt as he looked down at Virgil. Roman leaned in and closed the gap between them, connecting his lips to Virgil's. It was a slow kiss...a pained kiss...Virgil started to sob again, cutting the kiss short as he repeatedly apologized for causing them to stop kissing. 

Roman stared at him for a minute, he silently crawled onto the bed and sat behind Virgil. His legs hanging off the bed, next to Virgil's. His arms were wrapped around Virgil's torso as he pulled Virgil back slightly. Virgil's back was leaning against Roman's chest. Roman's heartbeat was starting to calm him down. Roman's even breaths were reminding him to breath. Roman's embrace was reminding him of how loved he was...

"I'm sorry..." Virgil said one last time before he fell asleep against Roman. 

~~~~~

~Have An Amazing Day?