Silence

The house was quiet, nothing was going on that day and no one knew what to do. It was as if something was off, but they all knew everything was perfectly fine. Or so it seemed.

~~~~~

Roman looked around his room. He saw nothing out of the ordinary. Yet something still felt...off. It was too quiet for his liking. That is until he heard a light sound. It was coming from his room, no, it sounded more like it was coming from the common room. 

Roman glanced once more around his room before he walked out, turning off the lights and shutting his door softly. 

The strumming sound continued.

~~~~~

Virgil was on the brink of tears. He didn't know what was wrong, scratch that, he knew of everything that was wrong - he just didn't know which of his problems was overwhelming him this time.
He was used to it though, nothing out of the ordinary, he just hadn't expected it that day. He was sat against his bedroom door with his back against the lightly scratched up door. He kept hearing a soft strumming sound and he thought he was going crazy. Eventually the angsty boy stood up and slammed his door opened, flinching at the loud sound he heard but he pushed it off and looked around the oddly empty halls. 

"Ro?" 

Virgil called out softly, he was upset. He was mad, or sad, he didn't know which of the two he just knew it was always one or the other. So upset. He was upset.
Virgil was upset as he walked into down the hall and into the common room.

~~~~~

Logan was at his desk, a pen moving from left to right at record speed but for some reason it wasn't fast enough for Logan. The words in his head processed faster than his hand could move, so he wrote faster, and his hand writing progressively got worse. 

Logan threw his pen on the desk, watching it fall off the desktop and onto the floor. He kept hearing this constant humming and it was driving him insane, so he pushed his chair back, quite abruptly, and made his way into the common room.

~~~~~

Patton sat in the middle of the common room, he was sat cross legged on the coffee table with Roman and Virgil on the floor in front of him. He lightly hummed as he strummed a soothing tune on a ukulele.

"Patton, what are you doing?" Logan walked forward, his arms crossed as he stood, not bothering to sit down with the others. 

"I'm playing my ukulele," Patton spoke softly, continuing to strum. "It felt off. I couldn't sit in my room, I couldn't sit still. I couldn't do anything without feeling like something was off, like everything was moved just slightly to the right without my knowing and it was getting to me." He changed the rhythm a bit, changing the song. "Strumming calms me down, always has, you know that. So I came in here, looking for someone to talk to and I spotted my ukulele against the couch from when I was playing not too long ago. I gave it little thought before I picked it up and started playing." His eyes closed and he took a deep breath, he continued to talk and strum but left his eyes shut. "Nothing feels right, y'know?" 

Logan sat down, leaning his back against the table that Patton was currently sat on. 
"I was experiencing the same thing. It's too quiet around here." 

~~~~~

I don't know where that was going, but it's been sitting in my drafts for way too long so have this

Now, I've gotta go get started on the Christmas chapter uwu

~Have An Amazing Day!!