Roman's Insecurities

Roman's Pov
I looked at myself in my mirror.

I couldn't think of any new ideas for a video

I was ashamed of myself.

It has been about five hours since Thomas had asked me to come up with something. But I couldn't. Inspiration would not hit me. 

I stared into the mirror longer, I felt so frustrated with myself. 

"You are worthless." I told myself.

"What is wrong with you? Why can't  you can't even think of one thing!" I punched my mirror, and yelped at the pain I caused my hand. I looked down at it, I yelped was because I had glass shards in my hand and blood was pouring out. I looked at my mirror to see it shattered, and I realized that tears were streaming down my face. I couldn't believe I let myself get this bad.

I heard a knock on my door, and quickly composed myself. I couldn't let whoever is on the other side of that door, see me like this. I wiped my eyes, with my non-bloody hand. And then walked to my door, but before I opened it, I put my hand behind my back.

"What am I needed for?" I asked whoever was at the door. And when I looked up I saw Virgil standing there. Beautiful, beautiful Virgil. I knew he would never go for me though. Im no ones type, especially Virgil's.

"I heard you scream."  He explained to me.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I told him. He didn't look as if he believed me.

"What's that!" His change of attitude startled me.

"What is it?" I asked him. He pointed down at the floor, to where blood was dripping.

"Oh, that's nothing." I put my hand behind my door, but that was a mistake because I had grabbed the door. I immediately pulled my hand away as I screamed again. 

Virgil walked in and closed the door behind him. 

"What happened to you?" He took my hand in his and examined it, but I didn't answer him.

"Roman? What happened? Tell me." He commanded as I continued not to answer.

He looked around my room, and saw my mirror.

"Did you do that?" I simply nodded. He walked me over to my bathroom, and took my tweezers to remove the glass. I of course winced at the pain.

"It's going to hurt. So beware." He told me as he pulled out another shard.

"So why did you do this?" He asked again.

"I was kind of staring at my mirror, and got mad, so I punched it..." I felt so ashamed. 

"What were you mad at?" He kept asking questions but I couldn't blame me.

"At myself." Was the simplest way to answer.

"Now why would the self-absorbed prince be mad at himself?"  I winced as he took out the last piece, but then he started to dab at the wounds.

"I was frustrated at the fact that I spent five hours. Five hours!! On a project, a simple project, that Thomas had asked me to do. All I had to do was come up for a video idea. That's it. And I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it Virgil. I couldn't do it." I felt a wave of emotions go through me as I leaned into Virgils hug that he offered me. 

"Im sorry. I shouldn't be losing myself because I couldn't come up with an idea." I apologized to him. He pushed me back so he could continue caring for my hand.

"I don't mind that you are opening up to me, or that you are complaining about your issues. Im just glad that you are okay. Now, why couldn't you come up with an idea?" I wiped my nose, and sniffled like the little baby I am.