Calm Down

SPOILERS FOR RECENT VIDEO

~~~~~

Deceit sighed, taking his hat off and limply holding it in his hands as he made his way to his room. He felt awful. Todays video had made him realize just how hard it must've been for Virgil when he had originally switched to the light sides. 

"Hey-" Deceit held his hand up, not wanting to deal with Remus at that very moment. 
"Oh...You finally told them! That's good isn't it bud?" Remus smiled brightly, taking hold of Janus' un-gloved hand. 

"Yeah...Except that ended up like shit, didn't it?" Janus snatched his hand back, a firm pout on his face while he tried to continue on his way to his room. 
"Well, my brother's an ass and you know that. Don't let what he said get to you." 

"I know that! But he's not why I'm upset." Janus grabbed Remus' hand and pulled him into his room, slamming the door shut and forcing Remus to sit on his bed. 
"Thomas fucking lied to him! He flat out lied! I understood why, but still. He shouldn't have. That's going to make it even more difficult for Roman to trust me. Roman already despises me to begin with and so does Virgil." 

"Thomas...no, he shouldn't have lied to Roman. But you did what you could, you gave him confirmation - reassurance. That's all you could do." Remus stood up again, gently taking Janus' hands.

"Janus.." Deceit's eyes snapped up, looking at Remus' soft expression that he rarely ever saw. "This'll all blow over. Everything will be okay." 

"What about Virgil?" 

The room went silent, Remus thought rapidly, wanting to give Janus a meaningful answer, something to give him relief.
"Virgil...Virgil will be fine. Roman will be there for him."
"Roman treated him like shit when he first went there. How can I be sure that I hadn't reset everything that those two had gone through? How can I be so sure that Roman doesn't hate his guts because he realized that Virgil did originally come from our side. He was one of us. And Roman will remember that and treat him like shit, just like he had in the beginning." Janus' eyes were glassy and emotions were coursing through his veins. 

"Calm down." 

The words echoed throughout the room. Deceit's breath hitched, he hadn't realized that he had stopped breathing. He let out a shakey breath, his eyes traced Remus' face, watching as Remus formed a very gentle smile. 
"You just need to calm down. Remember when we used to tell Virge that? To do his breathing exercise? You need to think back to that, dig down, and you need to repeat that technique." 

Janus nodded, taking in a shallow breath. his eyes never left Remus'. 
"Thank you." Deceit spoke softly, he quickly took a step and wrapped his arms around Remus' waist. Remus chuckled softly, putting his arms around Deceit's shoulders.
"There's no need to thank me."
"There is every reason to thank you." Deceit gently put a hand on Remus' cheek, holding Remus' attention. "You have been here. Always have and, hopefully, always will be. I can always count on you to listen, always count on you to say something to stop me from over thinking. Always count on you to say something stupid enough to pull me out of my sourest of moods and bring a smile to my face. So, Remus Sanders, there is always a reason to thank you."

"I-" Remus cleared his throat, looking up at the ceiling to stop his tears from flowing. "Y'know, I'm not supposed to cry. I'm the fucked up side, the runt out of the creativity brothers. I'm 'delusional' and not very liked by the others." 

Janus listened, taking in every word that Remus told him. 

"I'm not supposed to cry." Remus told him again, bringing his eyes back down and staring into Deceit's eyes.
"I'm not supposed to."

"Who put that idea into your head?" Deceit asked, running a hand through Remus' hair.
"Take a guess, dear." 

~~~~~

This isn't much but this is my take on what would've happened after Janus left the recent video. The next chapter will be my take on what happened with Virgil so look forward to that.

~Happy Quarantine!!
~Have An Amazing Day!!