The Crush

I got this story idea from mainly_a_fander and their story Cheerleader

Patton's POV

It was my first big game today. I couldn't wait. I am a cheerleader, always have been. And I started cheerleading because my friend Roman is a football player and I wanted to support him as best I could.
He told me I would be great because of how enthusiastic and happy and loud I am. So I went for it and here I am.
I was also hoping to impress my crush, his name is Logan, but I know he wouldn't fall for me.

Logan's Pov

Virgil had dragged me out of the library to come to this stupid game. So he could support his boyfriend, which doesn't make any sense because of the distance and the fact that Roman will be occupied and won't even consider him but still, I went with Virgil because if he was alone he more than likely would have a pain attack from being crowded.

I was sitting in the bleachers about to pull out a book to read, but then Virgil nudged me.
"At least watch the cheerleaders. Please." Virgil asked me. I sighed and agreed with his request.
I was watching the cheerleaders and then saw someone. He was amazing. He was doing summer-saults, splits, cart wheels, and flips of all sorts. He was amazing and beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off this boy, nor did I want to.
"Who are you staring at?" Virgil snapped me out of my trance.
"Hmm? Oh, nobody." And then I went back to staring.

~after the game~
We were making our way to congratulate Roman on the win.
"Congrats Roman!" Virgil screamed as he ran and hugged Roman. I looked over to my left and then saw the mysterious beautiful boy again. I started to stare again, without even realizing it.
"Hello. I'm Patton." The boy told me, sticking out his hand. I snapped out of my thoughts and shook his hand.
"You were, uh, pretty good out there.'' I told him. Patton smiled at the compliment I gave him.
"Thanks. You are pretty smart aren't you? Well congrats to you for that." Patton told me, still smiling. I blushed.
"T-thanks." I stuttered.
"No problem. What's your name?" He asked me. I stood there blankly for a minute entranced in Patton's looks. And then finally answered.
"Uh...I'm Logan." Patton smiled at me again.
"Nice to meet you Logan." And then he walked over to Roman. I wanted to talk with him for ever, but I knew that he wouldn't want to talk to me.
"Logan come over here."  Virgil ushered me over. I walked over there and congratulated Roman. And then I stayed quiet, not wanting to sound stupid by anything I might say.
"Why are you being so quiet, you're usually always talking." Roman told me. He was right I loved to talk. But still, what if I stuttered.
"Are you feeling alright?" Patton asked, he was being thoughtful. And he had only just met me.
"Y-yes...I'm al-alright." I knew I would stutter! I'm such an idiot.
I turned to the other two, "where are we meeting after this?" Roman's mom had said that she would drive us somewhere afterwards, and I wanted to know where.
"Your stutters gone." Virgil pointed out, I hadn't realized but I was thankful that it was.
"I guess it is." I told him.
"Are you sure you are alright? You are no longer smiling." Patton asked again.
"It's fine, he doesn't normally smile anyways." Roman told him.
"Wait when was he smiling?" Virgil looked confused, he then looked at me.
"When he was talking to me, he was smiling." Patton told the others. I could feel my face heat up as they were talking to me.
"W-whats wrong i-if I smile?" I was generally confused as to why this was such a big deal.
"Why do you keep stuttering?" Virgil asked, I shrugged in response.
"Well I hope you get better." And then Patton hugged me. I could feel my face immediately burn, but a smile also tugged at my lips. I hugged him back.
"T-thank y-you." I told him. I really did wish I got better.
Roman's phone beeped, and then told us that his mom was here, so we all made our way to the front of the school, and piled into his car. There were two rows in the back. Patton and I sat in the back, while Roman and Virgil sat besides eachother in the middle.
"May I ask where we are going?" I asked his mom.
"We are going to my house. Didn't Roman tell you?"
"I asked him, but then he got off topic about me smiling."  She looked shocked.
"You were smiling?" She asked.
Everyone laughed but me. But as soon as I heard Patton's laughter, I looked over at him and smiled.
"Oh my goodness, you're smiling right now." She pointed out causing everyone to look at me.
"Roman and I can never get you to smile, is it Patton making you smile?" My face went red, I turned my head towards the window, to hide my blush.
"N-no. I am p-perfectly fine. Please c-change the sub-subject." I was so obvious, how could they not tell I liked him.
"Mhm, so it's Patton. Patton I give you props. It is incredibly hard to get him to smile." Virgil told Patton, my face now turning even redder.
"It can't be that hard. Everyone has happieness, you just need to find someone in order to bring out that happieness. I'm gonna say I'm that person, and we are great friends now. Okay?" Patton asked me, to be his 'great friend'. I smiled and then looked over at him, once the redness went down.
"I would love to be friends with you." After I said that his smile grew wider, causing my smile to widen as well.

"We're here." Roman's mom said as she pulled into her driveway. As we got out, Roman took Virgil's hand to help him out. And then I got out, I planned on shutting the door after Patton got out so I stayed there.
But as Patton was getting out the car, he tripped. I did what any other person would do, I caught him.(I know I tend to add someone catching someone in the majority of my stories, but I just find it so cute)
"Are you okay?" Roman had rushed back, probaly hearing all the noise.
"Yes I'm fine. Thank you Logan." He looked up at me, and we interlocked eyes. And we stayed there for hours, at least it felt like hours.
"Ok, let's go in." Roman spoke up.
"Im sorry for falling, I tend to be quite a cluts." I laughed at his statement.
"It is quite alright, just be more careful next tim, okay?" He laughed aswell, and then nodded his head. I put him down, then closed the car door.
"Don't fall on your way in." I teased, causing him to laugh again.
"And if I do, I can always count on my hero." He told me, my face heating up for the hundredth time today.

We made it inside and were met with Roman and Virgil sitting on the couch.
"Are you okay Patton? I heard you fell out of the car." Virgil asked, a bit of a teasing tone to his voice.
"Why do you sound like that?" I asked him.
"Sound like what?"
"Like you are trying to tease him, or something." I told him.
"Because I am, I know his secret." And then Patton's face went a deep shade of red.
"Virgil, don't say anything, I told you that with trust." Virgil smirked.
"Do you want to know Patton's secret Logan?" Virgil turned to me.
"If Patton wishes that you don't tell it, then no. And stop being so mean to him." I snapped at Virgil. There was a look of shock on everyone's face, but Patton's. He looked at me and smiled.
"Thanks, you truly are my hero." He kissed my cheek and then went to sit down on the other couch. My face once again went red, after I realized what he did, then I went to sit down next to him.
"Why are you so red Logan?" Virgil asked.
"I don't know what you are talking about." I said as I looked away.
"Sure... anyways what do you guys want to do?" Roman asked.
"Watch a movie." I suggested. They all nodded.
"I want to sleep." Virgil said as he snuggled into Roman.
"And you can." Roman told him as he placed a kiss on his forehead.
"What movie do you want to watch?" Patton asked the two of us.
"It doesn't matter to me." I told him.
"Something Disney." Roman said with a smile.

We then decided on Whinny the Pooh.  It was Patton's favorite apparently.
It didn't take Virgil to long to fall asleep, so it was just the three of us. But then Roman fell asleep. And patton didn't seem tired, but he rested his head on my shoulder, which I didn't mind to be honest.
"Do you like me?" Patton asked nonchalantly.
"Why do you ask." I was trying to avoid the question.
"You were blushing, stuttering, and apparently you don't smile much but when you were around me you were smiling a lot." He explained.
"I knew I wasn't good at hidding my feelings."
"So you do like me."
"Patton, I don't see how someone couldn't like you. I adore you."
"I like you too." He told me.
"Will you be my significant other then?" He laughed at me.
"Of course." And with that we fell asleep. (I also love ending it with them falling asleep bc it is also adorable.)

~~~~~
I loved your story mainly_a_fander but after reading it I had ideas to write about but it started with ur prompt.
You are an amazing writter.