The New Kid

It all started at a school somewhere in Florida, there was a popular kid named Roman, even though it hadn't started like that, he was popular now. He had a big group of so called 'friends'. None of them exactly knew him for him, except Patton. He told Patton everything, he could trust him. Patton was a pastel emo, thats what most people called him, he got bullied a lot before Roman met him and that kind of made him really emotion and have some trust issues with most people. But he still tried to put on a happy face when he was around people. 

Then there was Logan, Patton's boyfriend, he always hung out with Roman because of Patton. Logan understood Patton, even if he didn't think he could express emotions himself he knew Patton's pain. They were perfect for each other. And Roman had always admired their love, he never had anyone to love or to be loved by, there were many girls who wanted to date Roman but he was gay, so he never dated any of them.

~~~~~

And then their was the new kid, Virgil. He had a few classes with Roman, and he always caught Roman's eye. He found this strange attraction towards the emo, even though he never spoke a word with him, or even sat next to each other. 

~~~

One day, while the three were eating lunch with one another, Roman couldn't help but stare at him. Not in a creepy way, but he was intrigued. He had a small smile on his face imagining what his voice sounded like.

"Roman?" Patton waved his hand in front of his face gaining his attention.

"Hm? What is it Patton?" Roman faced him.

"Whatcha staring at?" Patton asked him. Roman's face turned red as he realized he had been staring for quite some time. 

"Uhh...Nothing." Roman lied. Patton didn't believe him in the slightest but went with it.

Roman looked once more at Virgil noticing that he was leaving the lunch room. A few of Romans 'friends' following him. 

"I'll be right back." Roman said quickly before following the two who had walked out after Virgil.

Virgil had stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Why are you two following me?" He asked without even turning around.

"Hey, Brad, Josh I need help with this thing." Roman said before the two could even respond to Virgil.

"What?" Virgil turned around to see Roman distracting them.

"Sure, what do you need Ro?" Josh asked him.

"Follow me, it's something in the theater room." Roman said pointing in the direction of that room. They smiled at him and followed him to that room. Technically he did need help setting some things up.

He turned to Virgil before he left that hallway, Virgil was in complete shock, but he didn't say anything. 

~~~~~

Later that day the bell rang and kids started leaving the school. Roman walked home as he didn't live very far away. He waved goodbye to Logan and Patton and made his way home. 

As he was walking he heard someone walking up behind him. He quickly turned around to notice Virgil. 

"Thanks." Virgil said as Roman had turned around.

"For what?" Roman asked, Virgil was now walking side by side with Roman.

"You know what for. Those two jerks were following me for a specific reason, Im not sure if you had happened to stumble upon them, or you came with them and realized that it was wrong, but thanks for getting them away from me." Roman smiled at him.