174. Our Diabolikal Rapture

Perttu was squeezing my hand so tight I started to get really nervous. Maybe I haven't thought about what I was doing, I tried not to. If I had thought about it thoroughly, I would have given up. Not for me, but for Charlie and Dylan, and for their sake, maybe I shouldn't be doing that. But... Ville. He needed me now. I know some people would say I put him in front of my children, but there's no such a thing. Family is family. I would do anything for him, and I stopped thinking about it because it was too late to turn back.

We walked through an alley, and then I saw some men in the street. Their eyes were on us, they weren't random passersby, they were probably from the mafia. We weren't stopped, and I tried to look confident. I saw Perttu did the same, he could do that easily, as when he was performing on stage.

We reached a place, the facade was completely dark, with a small door. We didn't knock, someone opened the door immediately and I heard the muffled sound from the inside. It felt I was inside a movie, in those typical scenes of secret clubs and such. So, they really existed.

"This way, please." Two sturdy men made way for us, as if they were expecting our arrival. I didn't ask Perttu, maybe they were, I had no idea how these things worked anyway. Perttu  looked at me, smiling, maybe to assure me this was a normal procedure. We finally reached the place from where the music was coming, it was a regular bar. I glanced around, curious, and for now it looked like a pretty normal one. It wasn't too dark and people weren't hiding, nor doing anything abnormal, just having drinks and talking. Perttu squeezed my hand so I would look at him. He wanted to tell me something, but his lips didn't move. Maybe I should not look much around.

But to my surprise, the two men made a sign for us to continue walking. We crossed a very well secured door, with two more muscular by the entrance. Leaving the bar, we walked down a corridor, a bit dark and I wondered what was waiting for us at the end, it was like a tunnel, as if this other place we were heading now was built in a bunker or something. I was going to pick my cellphone when we finally reached a room. There was a lady seated behind a desk, and she smiled widely to see us. "Cellphones, please." She handed a tray, Perttu nodded to me. I wasn't expecting that, this wasn't a good sign, but I followed him and gave her my cellphone. Made sense they did that if you're entering a secret place. "I need to check your purse, may I?" She extended her hand to me, with very long black nails. I gave it to her, I didn't have anything important, just money, ID and a lipstick. One of the men was searching Perttu, thoroughly. I wondered if they would do that to me as well and I already felt a cold running down my spine, but they didn't, gladly. The lady gave my purse back, and smiled widely at me, her teeth perfectly aligned and bright. Her face was so perfect it was probably built. I smiled back, but I felt my muscles hurting, maybe I was forcing it too much. "May I take your coat?"

I tried to act naturally, as if I did this many times. I felt my face burn, it was time to uncover what I was hiding. My clothes were so tight and small I felt cold blowing, but I was trying not to shake and hide my anxiety. The lady was looking at me from head to toe before picking the coat from my hand, not sure why, but I smiled. I fixed myself as my skirt was going up, but I couldn't hide myself much now. Perttu also gave her his coat, keeping his suit. He fixed his hair with such a confidence, and smirked at the lady, who ignored him completely. It was so natural I couldn't tell if he was pretending or not, maybe he was enjoying this a bit.

The lady opened a door for us, the beat of the music hit my chest so loudly it was. This part was completely different, I didn't know where to look or what to do. That was it, no escape now. "Welcome and enjoy your stay." She had such a wicked smile, that I could swear she was opening the gates of hell for us. I froze for a while, snapping when Perttu held me by the waist. "Shall we, dear?" He whispered in my ear, and I could tell he was playing a part now. He held me tight to him, and we entered that strange and sinister place.