18. Enjoy the Silence

We cleaned up everything and he decided to show me his place. It was a four story building, very interesting and exotic, for sure.

He had loads of books, discs and musical equipment, obviously. One of the floors was a mini studio.

I realized there wasn't a spare room. But there was a big couch on the first floor, probably where I would stay.

We reached the top, where there was a small porch. It had a beautiful view of the lake, but it was too cold to hang out. He searched something in his pockets and picked his cigarettes. I looked at him, probably with a disapproval look.

"This is the first one today. I really need to. Just this one." I nodded. He should avoid, but I was a bit afraid of getting on his feet. "If you wanna get inside, it's cold, dear."

"No, I'll stay here."

"Kulta, you're freezing. Oh gosh."

He put down his cigarette. "That's the strategy, then. You make me feel guilty so I don't smoke."

"No, I wasn't thinking about that."

He closed the door and we went downstairs without saying anything. Was he angry?

We went to his room. "I think I'll have a shower, then." I said. I was trying to read him.

"Suit yourself. I'll be upstairs in the studio. And don't worry, I'm not gonna smoke." He left without looking at me. Oh my god, was he really thinking I did it on purpose? Maybe it was just a mood shift, he was taking a lot of pills. I checked his sheet, he needed to take a pill. I went to the kitchen to pick his medicine and water. I went upstairs and he was already with a guitar in his hand, playing and singing something. He had his headphones on, didn't see me coming. I stopped at the door to hear him playing a little.

His voice was so beautiful and emotional, that made my heart hurt. He was singing in Finnish. I knocked but he didn't listen. I then went to him and touched his shoulder. He jumped, removing his headphones.

"I'm sorry to interrupt. But it's time for your pills. Here."

He took them. It was two pills, for his anxiety. "Thank you."

"Do you want me to take the glass or will you drink the water?"

"I'll take it later."

"Beautiful song. I'll be downstairs."

He nodded with a blank expression in his face, it hurt a little.

I bathed in his bathtub, it was black and very comfortable, so much I stayed longer than I planned. There was no door separating the two rooms, which I found odd. I got out of the bathtub and picked up the towel, and realized I had left my I things in the room. When I went back, he was there sitting in his bed.

"Oh sorry Ville, I thought you were in your studio. I'll just pick my stuff." I left all my clothes there. He didn't say anything, I was on with my back to him, but I could feel his gaze on me. As he remained silent, I didn't say anything either. When I crossed him to go back to the bathroom, he held my arm.

"Come here a while, kulta."

I stopped and turned to him. I was shaking a little because of the cold, my skin was wet and because I was nervous. He dried a drop of water that fell from my hair with his fingers, tracing my neck and my cleavage. It gave me goose bumps. He wouldn't look at me and I couldn't read his expression.

"I'm sorry, if it looked like I was being... I don't know, I didn't want to be a jerk. Sorry."

"You weren't. Don't worry." I caressed his face and he closed his eyes. He held my hand in his face and kissed it. He then pulled me into his arms, I fit in between his legs. I was almost on his height. I crossed my arms behind his neck and kissed him.